Chapter 29

SETH

Sleep! Sleep! Sleep!

Darn, I can't!

Same with my eyes, that cannot be opened, since I was very afraid to see some ghost hanging with her hair flowing like a curtain.

Within the deep silence and blinding darkness, my senses were all anticipating some horrifying unforeseen force to come and let his/her presence be known.

I was sweating heavily and my whole body felt like hell.

"Seth," I heard a soft voice entered my ear and shook my senses. I hurriedly opened my eyes and looked for the whisperer, but there was none.

Damn it!

I was imagining things. This was all Angel's fault. She tricked me into watching that horrible and unbelievably looking girl, who vomits like a fire hose.

I left her house after the rain stopped, but I was very paranoid to imagine unreasonable things along the way.

I stood up and opened my laptop—trying to find a way to replace the fright I was feeling.

There, Superbad!

I hoped Jonah Hill and Michael Cera's funny antics will make me laugh and forget that shitty movie I'd watched.

Damn, Seth!

You're almost twenty-eight already and you're afraid of that non-sensical character.

Be a man!

Wow. Okay, wait!

Being scared of those kind of well-directed horror movies will not make any less of a man or a woman. Some people just have soft spots. I really didn't know why there are people who judge by others' weaknesses.

Beep-beep-beep

"Hello?" I voiced on my phone, "Seth!"

Oh, it's Mae.

"Yes, Mae?" I asked.

"The Uni Air check it on TV!" She suggested as I reached out for the remote control and turned my TV on.

...their plane going to Thailand accidentally crushed near the Pacific Ocean. The Uni Air promised full responsibility for the tragedy...

Uni Air was the main competitor of IA&A and now a not-so-predicted downfall approached their company. This meant that for the few preceding days, there will be an unmanageable amount of passengers patronizing IA&A this meant success, but at the same time, a big problem to handle.

The short-lived enjoyment I was just having was cut short due to this said tragedy.

I have to make decisions. Right. Now.

Hastily, I called my respective managers to send their excess employees to help in other branches which lack. I, on the other hand, needed to go help in the airport. I have to bring Angel with me there.

I sighed at the heavy thought. Hard work, Airport, Angel and many unpredictable moments to come.

*****

"Angel!" I called on the phone as I was seated on my car's back seat.
"S-seth?"
"Hurry down, I'm outside of your apartment building."
"Wha?"
"Just go down!" Hurry up, Angel! We still have lots of stuff to do.

After 2 minutes of waiting, I went out of my car and assisted her inside. She's wearing a navy blue straight skirt with matching coat. Beneath the coat was a plain white blouse. Same hairdo, along with those eyeglasses and retainers. She looked pretty. But I don't know, I still prefer her more demure approach in clothing.

She was gripping down her skirt. She's not used to this. Even a single shit of an inch above the knee matters to this person. I saw her removed her feet from her shoes a couple of times-this girl will kill me for making her wear some 2-inches heels, which in usual situations, is just normal for ladies her age.

Undeniably, she's different from them. I guess she would prefer to wear creepers and slip-ons.

"What are you looking at?" She asked uncomfortably with her cheeks flushed. I laughed a little.
"You look like a teacher." I teased, then she gave me a scowl
"Bastard..." she whispered as I chuckled on her expression. "Wait! Where are we going?" she asked with intense curiosity.

Her eyes went to me from top to toe. She grabbed the long sleeves of my dress shirt and her eyes widened.

"Hey?! Why are you wearing these?"

"I have to work in the airport,"

"W-why?"

"I have to be hands-on with whatever I do," she went calmer and silent

Since the report about the failure of Universal Airlines busted out yesterday, my employees have been working overtime. With all the passengers of UA switching to IA&A, everyone became busy. It's a good sign though, however, even in the ticket office, airport...the customers seemed to have last-minute buying.

I was told that most of the workers in the airport had been transferred to the ticket office in JFK Airport branch-- this office serves for last-minute buying and/or in the airport ticket buying, therefore, a lack of employees to work in the airport. So I have my choices: it's either we replace those working in the ticket office and send them back to airport again or we'll be the one to work in the airport.

I have to make a decision.

We were already near the airport. A= ticket office and B=airport,
"Angel?"

"Hmm?"

"A or B?"

"What?!"
"Just answer me, A or B?" Go Angel!

"B?" Okay!

"Robert please bring us to the airport." I asked the old man.

"Sure Seth," he replied. I smiled at him as I had my attention to Angel while she fumbled her fingers in repetitive manner. She loves doing that. Is that her sort of mannerism?

As soon as we arrived at the airport, I escorted Angel to the IA&A panel. There, I talked with the manager and asked him to assist in the ticket office, while I substitute on his position.

"Angel"

"Yes?"

Our eyes locked stopping the time. Fvck! I ran my hand through my hair and she gasped at my action. Why does she always do that everytime I ran my hand through my hair?

I don't get it.

I explained to her how the system in the computer works and the this-and-that. She seemed to be very excited of her temporary job in here, but once she knew that this was gonna be fvcking tiring-I don't think so.

"I admire you," she told me with beguiled expression.

"Huh?"

"I mean you get to do things like this when you can hire more people temporarily."

"I don't want temporary employees. I don't want to build false hopes out of people, and I really love to do this job."

I looked directly in her eyes she panicked again and started having some unnecessary mouth diarrhea. Seriously, this is Angel, but I like her this way and I'm very scared of the thought that she's ever gonna change.