Chapter 7

Tick tick tick tick.....

Ugh! Silent treatment in a hot seat. Lurking in deep silence, except from the ticking ballpen that killed the quietness, I was just looking at my fingers- fiddling, atop of my lap.

I definitely didn't want him to know that I was the girl, who eavesdropped on them last night. Definitely not.

Not looking anywhere else, for I might fall. My brain in severe nervousness, forehead with dripping droplets of sweat. I was chewing my lower lips to lessen anxiety.

"So, Angel" I sighed heavily.

Finally! I looked at his direction—his throne in the IA&A building. His eyes straight to mine, he is simply scorching-like he is some home of a demon. I, then, gave him a wide, innocent smile.

"Were you at the-....No..no...never mind" he added as I just fan my eyes to him acting like I don't know anything. 

"What is it again Seth?" I asked playing dumb. Hahahaha. Game on, bitch!

"Nothing! Just sit there and shut up!" he commanded. I got this. I think Seth is naturally like this and if I'm gonna be affected and sensitive, I will be the loser. 

"Okay" I comprehended.

After a few minutes of staring and finger-fiddling game, alas! Shea knocked and entered. She will be my future colleague. 

"Ms. Hendricks, your office is equipped and ready." She nicely said as I bowed down to Seth. He tapped his hand hard on the table.

I turned back fast and gave in a smirk. Ha! He is this cold and hard-hearted., but no worries! I'm ready for you Seth the Ice Beast. Ice for being cold and beast for being such a hot bastard. 

Honestly, I didn't get myself for that.

"ANGEL!" he called back

"Ice-I-I mean...yes Seth?" 

"Above your table is the envelope containing the files of the different events that I should attend to. Please take care of them. Off you go!"

"Okay, Seth!" I said like a soldier, as I headed off to my office with Shea.

******

I yawned BIG. I read all the papers of different events. I separated those that are social parties from conferences to interviews. I also separated the scheds that should be rejected.

This job is about reading and I've read about 35 proposals already, considering that the average page of each set contains forty leaves. Sh!t.

"Angel..." a familiar voice gave chill to my body
"Yes?" I gazed up at Seth as he signalled his hand-ordering me to come near him
"I need you in my office" I stood up heeding his request, "Faster!" he demanded.

I quickly followed him to his office. The door swung open and there seated a very young boy.

The little boy hugged me- his height just my hip level. Gosh! He's so cute. He's hair-blonde, eyes-purple and he's blushing.
"I wike you!" he said adorably
"Oooh! Little boy...aren't you too young for me?" I asked sweetly
"Could you please find Mr. Robert and bring that little boy to him" Seth ordered not giving his attention to me and the boy, but to his papers
"Aww...okay" I said while I glanced down to the boy who was holding my hand.

As I directed him out of Seth's office, the little boy approached Seth and he pouted his lips on him asking for a kiss. Seth, on the other hand, didn't give him any attention and pleaded something instead
"Just go now, baby. I'll just see you later" he sweetly said as he smiled at the little boy.