Chapter 2

Stand clear of the closing doors, please!

I was in a subway from Queens. I just visited Veronica and met the Hawaiian Hottie, Ryan, she's been with him ever since her Honolulu trip. He was tanned, with surfer body and raven hair.

During my encounter with the couple I felt out of place. They make-out and make-out. One time I saw Ryan fondling Veronica's breast, while they French kiss IN FRONT OF ME. Yes, they have decency and a very sturdy self-control.

Please mind the platform gap as you enter or exit

Oh! It's Broadway already I must get off!

While I was on my way to the train's exit, I felt a hand caressing my back. I stopped suddenly and felt the stinging feels of the touch.

It was horrible.

The hand was getting lower approaching my bottom and I felt weak in fear and disgust. I can't move nor speak. This was the first time an alien person held me this way. I fell from my knees as I looked at my back-- it was a stranger, a random guy at his mid-thirties. He's terribly ugly. The look in his eyes was too maniacal.

Yuck.  

His eyes widened at my fall. He felt guilty after seeing my shock and ran towards the exit. Fortunately, a concerned teenager helped me get up. I didn't have the voice to thank him, but his gesture told me he understood where I was coming from and looked with a worry. I breathed rapidly and hugged myself. When the train reached the next station I hurriedly went off.

The fresh air helped me to move on from the most dreadful seconds of my life. Well, I just pondered on, if the guy who touched me lately was as hot as Channing Tatum then maybe I won't stop him from doing it at all.

Ehem!

As I walked by, I stopped at the church and paid a visit. While I contemplated, a nun approached me. She was Sr. Sally.

Ever since I was a little kid, Sr. Sally helped me with everything that I needed. She was the school president during my elementary and high school. She's the one I confided to whenever I had to seek some aid, "Child.." she bid as I reached out to pay respect

"Sister.." I smiled, "How is my sweet Angel?" her voice was crooked due to her old age

"Same, same... Sister" I said as my eyes glanced upon the corss in the church, "Do you have a boyfriend now, Angele?" her voice sweet, warm and concern

"None sister... Ever since" I sighed heavily, for I didn't know if it was a good or a bad thing.

Silence stepped between me and Sr. Sally and I broke the quiteness with an insightful comment, "If I would have someone who will love me, I would wish for him to propose to me in this church"

"Your old and nostalgic memories, huh Angele?" she said as she laughed a bit.

I wasn't the well-behaved type during my earlier years and Sr. Sally was the sole witness to that.

"You have the call.." she said humbly.

What call?

"Uhmm...come again?" I queried
"You have a call to be one of us.."

One of us? I didn't get it.

Oh no... Is it because I was wearing a cream cardigan and plain white dress right now with my hair fixed in a bun?  

"Sister?!' she laughed the from-the-belly-laughter.

I just let out a small laugh and bade good bye to sister.