Chapter 35

SETH

"Oh my god! I'm sorry son. I really can't believe that my daughter Angel can have a friend as first class as you are," Mrs. Analiz Hendricks told me as her fist kept bumping my right shoulder.

After several minutes of waiting outside the clinic, Angel's mom approached me. It was no surprise that she knew about me. Not because of all the magazine interviews and television guestings, but because of Angel, who kept on telling her mom our "friendship" story.

"It's fine Mrs. Analiz, your daughter is a very reliable friend. She is very trust-worthy" I said
"Awww... I never thought some guy will ever see my daughter that way"
"Heh heh..." I laughed subtly. O sh!t! I didn't know what to do, "Are you like together?"

My eyes widened at her question, while the excitement sprang from her bright blue eyes. I gulped every bit of me. Together? No way! "No... Not like that"

"Wushu!" Wushu? Was that the Asian martial arts stuff? "My husband and I started as friends." How can I ever explain to her that Angele and I are never gonna happen? Ever. Maybe there were times, when my manly tension was being caught with her in between, but that's because she's a woman. Also, I have to admit that we were getting close. Gah! What the fvck?!

She tucked few strands of brown hair behind her ear and grabbed something out of her stylish floral purse. Unlike Angel, her mom was stylish and at the age of 50 (she said she is) she looked younger.

"Here look at baby Angel" I saw a photo with a red colored, bob-cut haired, chubby girl was playing in the middle of the field alone. Her green eyes were piercing and very big. Damn! She looked like a "Chucky" doll. I chuckled at the thought. This was Angel? Seriously?

"What can you say about her?" her mom excitedly asked. "Er, cute?" and creepy! Hahaha! "Oh! Here's another one!" This time, Angel in pigtails appeared with a medical mask covering her nose and mouth, "What happened?" I asked curiously with a touch of worry,"Oh! That one," her tone went gloomy, "she had Pneumonia during that photo"

Pneumonia? Maybe that's the real reason why she fainted in the airport. I knew it! I'm not dumb to accept that she had a very high fever just because of some vision disorder.

Angel's mom drew out another photo and the picture she just showed me daunt me,
"This is when... " her voice faded. I just stared at the very remorseful picture atop my palm.

Suddenly, I became scared.

What the fvck! I'm a fvcking man!

Why would a picture of a girl lying on a bed with different apparatus attached to her make me scared?

Why would a girl with Rheumatic Heart disease daunt me a lot? Why?

Why did she have to be like my mom? Why did I care too much?

Why?

Because, she's simply someone who treated with patience through all the nagging and shouting you've thrown at her.

Angel is my friend.

She's the only one who gave a sh!t to all my drama-king-moments.

. . .

. . .

. . .

What. the. fvck?!

Was I growing a vagina?

Focus Seth. Focus!

"Mom?" Angel's voice gave me goosebumps

***