Chapter 5

"Angele!" Veronica called me as I approached her seat.

Earlier Veronica called me to meet her and her companions in this specific bar

"Veronica, Arvin" Arvin waved hello as he smiled at me. Suddenly a guy on white long sleeved shirt turned his back facing me.

"Angele?" 

"G-Gen?!" I said as I tried to walk away from him, but he grabbed my hand and halted me

"Why are you walking away from me?"

"I h-hate you!"

"Why? Is it because of the-" He said as I nodded.

"I'm sorry I never meant to offend you by doing that I-I just-" I know he has all the flimsy reasons to throw at me. I'm nerdy and ugly and I'm demon in my own words.

"There's nothing I can do about it" I shrugged and walked outside the bar. The cold air froze me, but arms wrapped around me. I looked back it's him, Gen!

"W-why?" I asked as he pulled me closer to him. His breathing I can hear.

"I should've known better, Angele" his lips touched mine gently and it twisted as I reciprocated his actions. It was sweet yet enticing. My whole body felt like I was covered in bliss and heaven.

Riing!! Riing! Riiing!!

I sat up on my bed from a curled lying position. Holy son of a bitch! I was just dreaming. Damn it! However, it was a nice dream though, to begin the day...Hello Monday! Rise and shine!

 Here in my heart lies the thought and fright of meeting Gentry Jacobs again.

*******

Sitting in front of my computer, I'm waiting for another article to be written. Thump..thump..thump!

"Come in!"

"So! Angele.. Let's talk about something!" Maricar said as she sat on the chair in front of my desk

"Are you gonna fire me?" I said humbly as she giggled

"No! No- I'm not gonna do that baby." She said sweetly as if I'm a little girl. At times I have to admit that I actually talk naïve, well I guess I am.

"Oookay?"

"We all know that you're just a part-time writer here..and uhmm...we're changing your sched. From now on you'll be working here twice a week."

"What?...W-w-why??"

"Every Tuesdays and Thursdays, you're here with us in The Bachelors." She informed me. What? I love The Bachelors and then they're gonna take a day of my life here.

"I don't get it.."

"Darling, you need to earn more." She touched my right hand and added, "IA&A loved your article about Seigrid Theodore and they wanted to hire you as the Executive Assistant, since the previous just passed away."

"WHAT?" In shock that was just my reply as Maricar handed me an envelope with an IA&A seal on it.
"Think about it Angel!" She said as she smiled and walked out of my office.

I read the letter and found out that whatever Maricar told me was true. I am asked to go there by Wednesday for the final screening. 

Crap-oh-crap! Well, I guess the one who'd be screening me is the Human Resources Head. I've gotta win and pass this one. I'm all on for challenges, and they said it right? They loved my article. 

The only thing is...why me?

******

Snap it out Angele! Seigrid is not gonna see you and damn! If ever he would-- he can never like you. You're fire and ice between heaven and hell....and guess what? You belong below. That's right! Nerdy self agreed. No! No! No! Look at you you're fvckable....V said in contrast.