Chapter 30

10:00 AM

2 hours before the succession ceremony

Throughout the night, the thought of Atlas and Killua's condition occupied your mind, making you feel extremely anxious that you couldn't sit still. Killua came up with a plan last night, and that you and Gon will be accompanied outside the premises with the assistance of Canary and the others. 

Basically, Killua wanted you to leave the area as soon as possible to ensure your safety. He also reassured you that you will escape the manor with your brother safely.

Although you weren’t slightly confident with the plan he came up with, you had no choice but to execute the plan he elucidated. 

However, you figured he didn't present the entirety of the plan and in the end, you assumed that perhaps the plan flows depending upon the later occurrence. 

The door swung open moments later. 'Isn't it too early for Canary to arrive?' you wondered in suspicion. Alerting, you immediately stood up from the mattress you were sitting on. 

The moment you glimpsed at the door, your breath hitched. It was not Canary standing before you but Killua's mother, her youngest child and a couple of butlers. 

"Restrain her." she ordered sternly, and in a swift, her assistants started to approach you. 

Kikyo’s servants grabbed both of your wrists and held on tight. You wince at how painful the feeling is as you tried to resist but to no avail. 

You gave up eventually, and said nothing during the scene. Glancing over to the smug woman, the cold and pissed-off look was the least Kikyo expected to see. 

"Get rid of that look otherwise I won't hesitate to mark a permanent scar on you." Kikyo threatened, her words were heavily laced with venom. The woman's exasperation took over her after receiving the stern expression from you. 

The excruciating pain from the recently-sewed wound makes you wince in pain when Kikyo grabbed a clump of your hair, tugging you aggressively as she dragged you outside the premises. Your eyes brimmed with tears whilst you resist and endure the pain. 

All the attention of the employees' within the area diverted towards the scene. Seems that all of them are not willing to help you in fear of facing the consequences. 

***

"Mr. Zebro! I can't be sitting here waiting. My friends are in grave danger!" Gon yelled out of his frustration, walking back and forth several times. He's obviously anxious and couldn't stay still.   

For the nth time, Zebro shook his head in disagreement. Him, and Seaquant are conflicted regarding the situation. They had been warned by Kikyo herself- that neglecting and failing one's responsibility may lead to a severe punishment.   

"I'm sorry Mr. Gon. We really want to, but it's too risky." Zebro sighed, earning a defeated sigh from the ravenette teen. 

Gon's shoulders dropped in defeat, and sat on the cushioned chair. Troubled gaze dropped down on the exquisite wooden flooring. He then suddenly heard a familiar voice and grunting outside, indicating that the owner of the voice was in pain and struggling. 

Kikyo had enough, and with a hostile stare she shoved you violently to the ground, causing you to fall on your knees. 

As soon as Gon heard the commotion. He frantically rushed outside in a panic, followed by Sequant and Zebro. Genuine worry is evident on their faces. 

"How dare you display such insolence before me!" Kikyo fumed, repeatedly thrusting the end of her fan aggressively against your forehead. Too forceful, to the point the exquisite pattern engraved on the object grazed your skin.