Chapter 24

A massive Japanese-traditional two-storey log cabin is provided for the campers. The structure is seemingly old. However, it is warm, homey and comfortable to be in.

They separated the two groups by setting up a boundary with a relatively homely living room connecting the two sections. In which, each will have two bathrooms and two rooms provided.

You can hear muffled voices echoing at the distance even before you stepped in the building. This led you to the conclusion that maybe your quarter may not be that far from the entrance.

You were treating Killua's grazed hand when the camp tour ended. Your co-team mates apparently have chosen their spot of preference in the quarter, which leaves you a feeling of foreboding that you might get the least comfortable spot there.

With that thought, you begrudgingly sauntered your way to the designated room. And at every step you take, the wooden floor makes a creaking sound, making you feel a tad of doubt regarding how sturdy this structure really is.

You slid the lattice framed door before you which consists of translucent sheets. And you were welcomed by a scene which you didn't quite anticipate for you to see.

"Let's check the sunset later!"

"Whose bra is this?! Can you just tidy up? We just got here!"

"Don't just sway that undergarment around so casually! Jeez... have some decency."

"Let's play truth or dare tonight!"

You quite expected this lot of people to be in one room. They did mention earlier that each room is adequate for thirteen to fifteen applicants to sleep in for two weeks.

The female teammates from your team are bustling inside. Non-stop, exasperating chatterings can be heard, and they can't seem to settle their necessities in peace.

A disbelief sigh involuntary escaped your lips. Your uninterested gaze observing the chaotic scene before you. "Wow..." you murmured, your optimism dropping to zero.

For you, a public zoo is the perfect description for this. You couldn't imagine how difficult it would be for Gon and Killua to deal with their teammates at their quarters. You guarantee that they're even more chaotic than these girls in front of you.

"(Your name)!"

You alerted and turned your head to where the familiar voice came from. Before long, you spot Yna who has her gleeful eyes on you.

A huge grin plastered on her face as she flails her hands side to side, meaning to catch your attention.

"(Your name)!" she called on you once more. Her other hand patting a vacant futon mattress beside her. "I saved you a spot!" she happily informs you.

You felt all the worry you were bearing resolved, and is now replaced with relief.

Yna is at the back, but not that far fortunately. As you headed there, you cautiously watched your step, to ensure not to step and break on someone's belongings that were carelessly laying around.

You settle your bag on your futon. "Thank you. I never thought you'd do this for me." you offered her a genuine smile.

"You're the nicest person I've met. So that's nothing!" Yna chuckles. "Also, what's up with that guy with you earlier?" she then frankly asked out of her curiosity.

Her question puzzled you, since she did not specify the guy she's referring to. After Killua left...

10 minutes earlier
12:16 PM