Chapter 31

It's been almost a week since you left Zoldyck's territory. You returned to your hometown with your friends and your brother finally, yet you barely spoke during the trip which worried them. 

They are aware what made you feel that way, but they didn’t dare to bring that up for they themselves were also dismayed by what Killua had done.

The atmosphere became heavier as you were the first one to proceed to the entrance, and as expected your parents were already there. Instead of a warm welcome within the premises, the ambiance seemed strangely gloomy. 

“(Full name).” 

Your mother called in a firm tone. Your feet felt as though they were glued on the concrete as you stood there shamefully, gaze lowered down on your shoes. 

There was no point in retreating at this point. You didn't want your mother to say your name the second time, and you reluctantly tore your gaze off the ground and looked towards her direction.

There you see your father exiting the main door. He doesn’t seem pleased and rather he looked evidently disappointed. Beside him was Souga, a worried expression can be seen written on his face. 

"Explain yourself.” your father spoke in a demanding tone.  

Silence ensued, you really don’t want to speak but you feel like you have to. Eventually your parents’ attention eventually shifted towards someone behind you, their gazes softened as your brother’s figure entered their peripheral.

“I’ll explain.” Atlas managed to utter calmly.

Atlas was trying to fight back his tears the time he saw the place at the distance. Not much has changed since he left. 

For almost a decade before Atlas rebelled and fled from Feyre, he finally met his parents after years of being separated. No communication, connection whatsoever. 

By the looks of your parents' faces, they as well as the staff are stunned by the presence of their lost child. 

Your mother didn't hesitate to run towards Atlas with a tight hug. She hugged her tight, not having the intention to let go at any moment. Atlas had gotten taller than her. Her child has grown, well and alive.

Atlas too can no longer hold back his tears and hugged her dear mother back. He whimpers, "I'm so sorry for running away, I'm so sorry, I really am." he says repeatedly, his voice is trembling. 

For the first time in your life, in this reunion, you witnessed your father be sentimental, which is definitely the least expected reaction from someone like him.

The main reason why your parents allowed you to live in Yorknew was to find your brother. They always get leads every year but only end up with dismay and disappointment. 

You held no grudge against them even though they poured more attention to finding him than their own existing daughter. They get excessively protective when it comes to your safety anyway. 

Atlas is only his alias. His original name is Samui (Last name). Your brother would appreciate calling him by his real name, however he insists on calling him by his alias because it was a nickname given by your father. 

What matters is that Atlas… also known as Samui has returned, and the family is finally complete. 

On the other hand, you still feel as though  there's a missing piece ever since you left Zoldyck's state. You lowered your gaze and quickly went into your home. 

The staff and the other family members are delighted to have you finally returned. They even offered you a nice meal yet you politely refused their offer, and proceeded straight to your room.