Chapter 23

It's... ew and meh. I don't even know anymore. ū︿ū

The fifty applicants disembarked at exactly six in the morning. You were assembled into your respective groups, splitting the total number in half.  

Although Killua hated to get separated from him, he still had no choice. 

Killua trained his blue eyes on you while you were listening intently to your designated group guide, clearly not paying attention to theirs. You turned your attention towards him randomly, and you caught him looking. 

Killua quickly whipped his head away, a pink hue appearing on his cheeks. He acted like none of that happened. 

Gon, who's behind his best friend, happened to witness this, let out a snicker, ticking his best friend off in the process. "Killua you're being too obvious." he teased in a discreet tone.  

An irk mark pops up on the albino's forehead. He tossed his head back and without thinking twice, the silverette gave a rear elbow attack towards his best friend. 

"F—ack!"

Gon winced at the pain it caused. Torment can be seen on the ravenette's face as he clutched on his side to where he got hit. 

The ravenette's sudden outburst gained everyone's attention, moreover, abruptly interrupting amidst their guide's discussion.  

"Is he okay?" the man asked, concerned.

Killua immediately reacted to this. He let out a cheerily laugh, throwing his arms around his best friend's shoulder, "Don't mind him. Gon's fine! He accidentally hits himself… What a clutz, am I right?" he laughs continuously, though he's only faking it, and only Gon knew that. 

The man held his brow up to Killua in suspicion for a second, before casually resuming with his discussion. 

Eventually, Killua released his best friend. A playful grin can be seen on his face despite Gon, obviously, is still in pain.

In an undertone, "Killua, that hurts." Gon utter throatily, hands still clenching on his side. 

"kIlUa, ThAt HuRts." Killua mimicked in a mocking tone of voice, sticking his tongue out. 

Each group is later instructed to board on the bus provided for them. Of course, Killua was against this, for he knew that you'll be separated from him again. 

Plus, Akao will be there as well and Killua still distrusts him for his own reasons. 

As the two groups formed on their line. Killua halfheartedly trudged his way at the very back, a sullen look remained on his visage. 

Gon and Alluka shared each other's puzzled looks, "Is big brother still upset?" Alluka asked in a concerned tone of voice. 

"It appears so." Gon replied with a sigh of disbelief, before following the sullen silver-haired teen.

Alluka frowned. She took her pace and catched up beside her brother, "Big brother, you're worrying too much." Alluka chided, folding her arms.  

"No I'm not." Killua quickly denied.  

As soon Killua reached the back of the line, he felt his phone reverberated in his jeans pocket. He fished it out and checked. His blue eyes slightly lit up to see your recently sent message.  

(Nickname) 
• 6:30 AM 
Where did you go? I can't see you. :( 

Killua suddenly felt his heart throbbing with an abnormal speed. He tore his gaze off from the screen, focusing towards you.