𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

March, 505 AD

"Looking good, Leon...just stop pulling on 'er!" an energetic Astraea Aphelion walked close to one of her favourite knights and his mare – Faye – as she instructed him in basic riding skills. After her successful training journey with Cinderella, the problem-horse-turned-perfect, the King of Camelot had asked the girl to work with all of the knights and their horses in an attempt to improve their performances in tournaments. And in the battlefield, if that was ever needed. 

Astra had been quick to lay out her conditions, these being that all horses would be ridden without bits, spurs or whips, and trained without coercion. "Whatever it takes to make this work," had been the King's response. And so, the enthusiastic brunette had started working right away.

Leon's grip on the reins only tightened, ignoring Astraea's instructions. "Loosen your reins, use your voice!" she scolded, running a hand through her dark brown locks in frustration. She could see the same emotion growing in Faye as her nostrils flared and her teeth began to grind. "How will it understand my words? It is a horse!" Leon argued, sending a quick glare towards the girl before returning his focus to the uneasy mare. "She's trained to associate certain words with certain actions!" Astra tried to explain, but the medievals had little-to-no concept of behavioural science. To them, horses were nothing more than mindless beasts that needed to be commanded strictly. 

The two humans continued to argue as Faye grew restless, the bridge of her nose hurting from the knight's constant tugging on the side-pull bridle. The sheepskin padding on it could only prevent so much discomfort. 

Fed up, the pretty bay roan kicked out her back legs, throwing the blond man off balance, and he promptly fell off the animal. 

"Woah, Faye. You're okay, girl," Astra hurried to calm the horse by stroking her neck and speaking softly, not at all worried about Leon. "I am okay, thank you," the curly blond said sassily as he stood up with a grunt. The brunette snorted at the attitude she was receiving from the usually overly-polite man. "Shut up, Lee. It was your fault," she girl scolded, her forest-coloured eyes giving him a pointed look before she turned back to the mare and offered her a small piece of carrot once she had stretched her head down in relaxation. 

"She is out of control," the knight claimed as the Texan Lady raised an eyebrow at him, her lips turning upwards in a smirk. "Oh, is she, now?" she challenged. He crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes in defiance. 

Confidently, the girl led the mare towards the mounting block and swiftly got on her back. 

By now, a crowd had gathered around the riding arena – a crowd that included the Prince and his servant. Most people in Camelot were, by then, familiar with the girl's excellent handling of horses, and they were eager to find out what resulted from her challenge towards the respected knight. In their eyes, it was rare to see a woman best a man. But few would be willing to bet against her. She was crazy, after all.