𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

📍 Somewhere in medieval Britain

July, 505 AD

Merlin and I giggled as we trotted up to the door of the small stone and wood home, shushing each other out of fear that the woman inside would hear us before we wanted her to. Sir Leon and Sir Gareth watched us with narrowed eyes, doing their best to mask their amusement as they sat atop Faye and Santo. 

I nodded at my best friend and knocked on the door, then took a step back to stand next to him and hooked my arm with his. I could barely contain my excitement! The floorboards inside creaked and we crouched under the window, knowing that the woman would probably peek out of it before opening the door to an unknown person. 

"Who is it?" her kind voice then called out. I could hear the confusion in it and shared a smirk with Merlin. "Domino's Pizza delivery!" I replied in the best deep, male-sounding voice I could put on. I heard a joyous chuckle on the other side of the door and it flew open, revealing a beaming Hunith. 

"Surprise!" Merlin and I exclaimed at the same time, and I stepped back, allowing him to hug her first. "Oh! How wonderful!" the woman cheered as she held her son tightly. Then they separated and she moved on to me, giving me a warm hug. "How are you doing, dear girl?" Hunith asked softly. "Pretty great, n' you?" I asked back, smiling up at her. "All the better now that you children are here!" she replied with a radiant smile, then frowned when she looked at something past us. I followed her gaze.

"Ah, right. Those are Gareth and Leon. Utah and Art wouldn't have let us come otherwise," I explained, giving the knights a grin while they waved awkwardly at the woman. She replied with a warm smile. "Well, Sir Gareth and Sir Leon. You are both welcome to stay here, if you wish," she told them sweetly. The men faltered and stuttered before Leon collected himself and spoke. "Thank you, but there is no need. We brought money for an Inn," he said, then glanced at me seemingly asking for permission to leave. 

"Yeah, go ahead, guys. I'll take care of these kids," I told them, walking over to grab ahold of their horses' bridles so that I could put them in a paddock along with Dallas and Falcon. The knights hopped off and thanked me before walking off towards the town square, where I'd previously told them they could find the Inn. 

Merlin and Hunith went inside the little home and I untacked all four horses, then made sure they had enough food and water, and joined the pair, eager to spend some quality time with my adoptive family.