𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

July, 505 AD

At some point during the last six months, my body somehow got used to waking up relatively early. Usually at about 9:00, I'm not a psychopath. This due to my increasingly demanding job as the 'King's Horsewoman'. Uther's words, not mine. For the first time in my life, I had something that I was truly passionate about in my work training the horses and the knights, and that seemed to overpower my desire to stay in Morpheus's arms. 

The morning after the huge feast with the foreign guests was no different. I got out of bed early, changed into a t-shirt, hoodie and riding leggings; and silently exited the castle to make my way to the equestrian facilities. 

Before the knights started to arrive for their scheduled training sessions, I decided to take Tequila out for an easy spin. He was by far the best youngster we had, so much so that he was already learning about jousting (with straw dummies), while most of his peers hadn't even been ridden yet. I had my sights set on the dark bay colt as a prospect to take over Bronze's duties once the trusty steed became too old for tournaments and long journeys. 

I returned from a brief ride around the lower town to find Sir Robyn already mounted on his mare, Sparrow, and waiting for me in the arena. 

After the training sessions were done for the day, I went back to my room in hopes of taking a bath and relaxing for a bit (in the form of watching movies); but my plans were diverted when I found a bouquet of pretty light blue flowers (I can't tell you much more than that, I'm a horse-girl, not a botanist) on my small dining table. 

I tilted my head in confusion before grabbing the bouquet, instantly noticing a note attached to it. 

'The barriers that keep us apart are nothing compared to the power of true love.' - Arthur'

My eyes widened and I felt a surge of blood rush to my cheeks. I didn't peg him for the kind of guy to give flowers, so I was pleasantly surprised at the gesture. Especially at the cheesy note. Perhaps he's been spending too much time with Merlin. Heck, maybe he came up with the phrase. That wouldn't be surprising. In any case, butterflies filled my stomach and I figured that I should find the Prince and thank him for the sweet gesture. 

The door to his room was cracked open and I could faintly hear him arguing with Merlin when I hesitantly knocked on it. Both heads turned towards me and I took that as my cue to enter the room, instantly rushing to the blond. 

"Astraea?" he said with a frown. "Thank you so much, you're the best," I told him and quickly reached up to kiss him before I chickened out. A wave of confusion struck me when I felt him  hesitate for a few seconds, but I ignored it in favour of greater things. And, in any case, after a few nanoseconds of stillness, the Prince grabbed me by the waist and deepened the kiss.