𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

April, 505 AD

"What you saw is seldom seen, kids. Trolls despise all other living things, especially humans. They prefer to lurk in the darkness of their nests, feasting on rotten filth," Gaius explained after reaching the conclusion that 'Catrina' is a freaking troll based on what Merlin and I had discovered after following her. I puffed, thinking that we reached new levels of crazy each week. "And Jonas? Is he a troll, too?" the sorcerer wondered. "Who can tell what manner of creature he is?" the physician replied with a shrug.

"What are they doing in Camelot, if they hate people?" I asked with a slight tilt of my head. "Trolls are greedy. Lady Catrina is like the rest of her kind; she lusts after wealth and power," Gaius explained gravely. "So...Utah is like a troll sugar daddy?" I wondered, earning confused glances from both males. With a huff, I went on to explain the concept of a 'sugar daddy', resulting in two shocked medievals. I snorted at their mortified expressions, "Yeah, the twenty-first century's wild." 

After they got over the horror, we got back to the topic at hand. "Are you going to tell Uther that his lady-friend is a troll?" Merlin asked the elder man, eyeing him curiously. "That is exactly what I am going to do," Gaius replied with a determined look in his eyes. I made a 'tsk' sound. "Yikes. Good luck," I mumbled, willing to bet good money that Uther would hear none of it. But I chose to remain optimistic as I watched him walk out of the room. 

Merlin and I waited patiently for the man to return from while silently playing 'Tic-Tac-Toe' on a piece of paper at the kitchen bench. 

Unsurprisingly, Gaius entered the room with a defeated look on his face not ten minutes later. Imagine my surprise! "Please, save it," he warned the two of us with a pointed look. "We weren't gonna say anything," I lied with a scoff. "You were going to say, 'I told you so,'" Gaius retorted, eyes darting between me and my best friend. "Okay. I was. But I am not going to now," Merlin assured him with a sheepish grin. I simply smirked. 

"Uther did not take it too well," the physician stated the obvious as he sighed and plopped down in front of us. 

"Called it!" I blurted out. "Astra!" Gaius scolded, narrowing his eyes at me. "What? I didn't say 'I told you so'!" I argued, then paused. "Though now I did. Funny how things work out," I added with a giggle.  

The elder man shook his head at me. "Uther is a proud man, but he is not stupid. He will reflect on what I said, I am sure he will," Gaius said, probably trying to convince himself of that, as well as us. "If you say so," I mumbled. "Astra!" both males exclaimed this time, Merlin kicking my leg under the table. "Sorry, I'll shut up." 

"