𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

June, 505 AD

I sat at the dinner table looking out the window while Arthur and Uther discussed some boring government stuff. 

The night was cloudy and thunder filled my ears every few minutes. Lightning struck constantly, and rain drops raced down the stained glass. I'd always loved storms. They seemed to me like God's way of cleansing the Earth every once in a while. With so many evils haunting Camelot every other week, it was no wonder it rained so often. 

A knock at the door pulled me from my trance and I turned around to see a guard standing across the table in front of Uther. "Sire, the Bounty Hunter has gathered a new prize," he informed the King in a monotonous voice. 

I tilted my head in confusion and turned towards Arthur for an explanation, but Morgana was the one to speak up. "He captures magical creatures throughout the realm and brings them here in order to have them publicly humiliated and later executed. It is barbaric," she spat poisonously, eyes glaring daggers at Uther while she spoke. 

My eyes widened. "Dude, that's just wrong!" I turned to the King, who waved Morgana off with a scoff and then turned to me with narrowed eyes. "Not you too, Astraea!" he raised his voice, throwing his arms up in exasperation. "Well, she has a heart – unlike you," the Lady shot at him. 

Meanwhile, Arthur's eyes warily jumped between the two parties, not saying anything. No surprises there. 

"Well, I won't stand for this. I quit my lady...ship...ness...whatever," I stated, then grabbed my bowl of soup and left the room. "Those bowls are the castle's property!" Uther yelled after us. "I don't see any names on 'em!" I called back. Morgana followed my actions and I turned to face her in the corridor. "Hey, I'm gonna finish this over at Gaius's. Wanna come?" I asked, not wanting her eating dinner alone in her room. "Of course. Thank you, Astra," she replied with a small smile and we walked together towards the physician's apartment. 

"What are you doing here, girls?" Gaius asked us when we entered his home, then frowned down at me. "I thought you were having dinner with the King tonight, Astra," he noted. I puffed. "I quit my Lady-ism," I responded, taking a seat at the table next to my best friend. Morgana sat next to Gaius, giving him an innocent grin when he sent her a questioning look.

"You know it is not that simple," the physician told me with a slight chuckle. "Whatever, I'm mad at him," I mumbled as I narrowed my eyes at nothing. "Did you know he has a man that goes around Britain capturing magical creatures and bringing them to him for public execution?!" I asked, flailing my arms in frustration. Gaius frowned. "The Bounty Hunter? I had not seen him in a while," he mumbled. 

Merlin looked awfully worried, for obvious reasons, though he tried to mask it in front of Morgana. "That is horrible," he noted with a mournful expression. "It is pure evil. Most of the creatures he brings are innocent, only guilty of being born different," the Lady spilled her thoughts with a sad sigh.