TWO

Blond hair, blue eyes, pale skin, and a mind that knew more pain then any other child her own age

Blond hair, blue eyes, pale skin, and a mind that knew more pain then any other child her own age. Lyndy Tisdale was on the window ledge, her small gram fitting in the small space perfectly as she read another book that was filled with more things she didn't care about.

A new man walked through the doors followed by the new headmaster and she watched him walk towards her, his head held high for no reason. He looked sick to her, his messy medium length black hair and unshaved face, the grey eyes that looked drained of all former colour and the way his skin was red and scared. He looked broken, just like her.

The man opened the window causing Lyndy to bring her knees in closer to her chest. He took out a pack of cigarettes and lit one inhaling and then exhaling out the window.

"That can kill you, you know." Lyndy raised a brow at him giving him a knowing look.

The man shrugged not caring if he lived or died and that was conveyed clearly in his posture and over all ora he let off.

"And who might you be?" His raspy voice asked the young girl.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" She closed the book and sat criss crossed as she looked at him.

"I actually would." Sirius challenged.

"Too bad."

"I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours first." Sirius let another exhale of smoke go out the window.

"You need to tell me yours first and then I'll tell you mine."

Sirius chuckled lightly already knowing we're this girl came from due to the ink he saw on her inner left forearm. "Sirius Black," the girls eyes widened. "Not scared of me are you?"

The girl shook her head, "but your in Gryffindor?"

"One can be in Gryffindor and come from a pure blood family, it's not made up by blood, it's made up by heart."

"I hope I'm like you then." Lyndy got off the window ledge and stood next tot he man looking out the window, "I'm Lyndy Tisdale, my family were a bunch of Slytherins but they all died or got taken to Azkaban and I was a coward during the war and hid in a closet meaning now I live here."

"That doesn't make you a coward."

"It doesn't?"

"No, you didn't want to fight?" She nodded, "and your what six?"

"Seven and a half."

"Sorry, seven and a half," Sirius smirked, "but still, your young, if I were you I would have hid as well. Quite honestly I wish I had hid."

"Why?"

"It was a horrible war, people died, people changed. It's something I want to forget."

"With time it will, you may still have days when it comes back but my mum used to always say time can always heal a wounded soul."

Sirius nodded in acknowledgment, taking another drag from the cigarette. Lyndy ended up grabbing her book and walking off peeking the man's interest, "where are you going?!" Sirius called.

"Wouldn't you like to know!"