ELEVEN

Lyndy woke up to her over dramatic father opening the blinds and singing birthday songs as if he were a rockstar

Lyndy woke up to her over dramatic father opening the blinds and singing birthday songs as if he were a rockstar. Her other father simply sat beside her in the large bed and handed her a plate of her favourite breakfast along with a poorly wrapped gift.

"Happy birthday munchkin," Remus spoke from beside her and kissed her cheek.

Sirius jumped up and down until he's on the other side of her and gives her another wrapped present. "Open mine first!" The man having no composure, only for Lyndy to open Remus's first, giggling at his face.

The newly turned nine year old held back a grin as she opened the first present, revealing a stack of books from Remus. However the titles seemed to confuse the young witch as she looked over to her father.

"Muggle books, I believe everyone shall read before they die." Lyndy smiled and hugged her father, thanking him and going through the books smelling the fresh pages.

Sirius's was next, a blue velvet box in front of her, "this is my guess. We have talked about what house you would get into since I met you and I truly believe you will be a Ravenclaw, your smart, witty, creative and you always want to learn more. This is my guess and this is a necklace that resembles not only who I believe you are but what I believe you can become, because you are so incredibly special."

Lyndy couldn't hold back the grin as she hugged her dad, the man she had met almost two years ago. A man who had always said she saved him but really he saved her. Sirius, her father who was the first parental figure to ever truly love her and this day meant so much to her with his added words.

And while conversation broke out during breakfast, Sirius remembered her first birthday they were together. December 20th, he had just come to the school and was still recovering, he started smoking out the window when a smaller version of Lyndy tilted her head in his direction, "you know those can kill you, right?" She had asked and would continue to ask until he stopped a few months later.

Sirius loved that little girl not only because she was his daughter but because she thought him, she challenged him, she made him want to be better and she forced him to forgive and love himself again. It was like she was his guardian angel of sorts. And Remus, he made life that much better, like the icing on top of the cake. Sirius loved watching them interact with each other.

Later in the day, the entire family and family friends came over to celebrate the girls birthday, the two men never wanting to mix Christmas and her birthday, wanting to make her feel special.

They had all gone outside and played in the snow as well as skating on the pond that had frozen over. The day had been everything the girl wanted it to be until Harry strutted over and ruined it for her.

"Lyndy, I got you a present." Harry had spoken as they were outside in the snow, a little away from everyone else. She opened it up, revealing the gold ring with a blue stone on the middle.

"A ring?" She asked, liking the piece but not understanding why he had given it to her.

"It's a promise." A smirk starting to develop on his face making Lyndy nervous.

"A promise of what?"

"That you'll be mine some day." He winked and ran back to the group of other kids, leaving Lyndy stunned, Lily shaking her head that her son had indeed turned out like his father, a cackling James and Remus and Sirius, one angry and one shaking his head.

"I don't want your freaking promise Harry!"

Hello! I wanted to write her birthday chapter on my actual birthday and I gave her the same one as mine! Anyone else's birthday today? If so HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Anyways thank you for reading and I hope you all have an amazing day!