TWENTY ONE

Benjamin Louis Tisdale —

William never wanted a child, let alone a daughter

William never wanted a child, let alone a daughter. He threw open the door and then her watching as Lyndy stumbled and fell to her hands and knees. The manor was dark and dusty, having been abandoned for years now. Lori always wanted a daughter and for that she loved Lyndy with all her heart, but she loved her husband more and for that she watched Lyndy fall and didn't say or do anything.

"Up to your room Lyndy, we shall explain tomorrow."

This was something Lyndy didn't fight, she ran forward and up the stairs, the twelve year old wanting to be as far away from her parents as possible. She stumbled into the room locking to door and climbing under the covers of her large king sized bed. This room was the opposite of what she had at her real home. It was cold and dark, and the room was different shades of green, matching the rest of the house.

Lyndy hated it here, she missed her fathers.

The next morning Lyndy woke and walked down to the dining table where a meal had been prepared and elegantly placed on the table. Her dad wore a dark grey suit with a green tie, while her mother was in a green dress that matched the tie. And much to her surprise there was a boy who resembled her father in every aspect except for the kind eyes of her mother — a boy she couldn't remember.

"Lyndy," her father nodded in acknowledgment, gesturing her to sit on the table and she did as asked sitting across from the boy, "there is so much we need to tell you, but first we'd like you to know that we obliviated you when you were four. That we didn't want to leave you but it was safer to. This is Benjamin, your older brother, I'm sorry we made you forget him,"

Lyndy looked over at the boy, his posture was perfect, he acted posh like her father and his smile was one of those perfect ones that people envied.

"There was a war, a war that we didn't win the first time but that war is not over, the death eaters had to leave, aurors were coming from every which way to round us up and take us to Azkaban, we had to leave and faking our deaths meant we could so that without a trace. But there is a plan in motion to bring him back, the dark lord will reign again and this time we will win. Lyndy we left you here on purpose, we hoped that when we came back you would be someone's daughter that was on their side, but you surpassed our expectations as you befriended the said boy."

"I won't kill anyone," Lyndy said peaking up for the first time in the conversation but it was true, those people were her family, not some pawns in a chess game.

"We shall see when the time comes."

"I won't, especially not Harry, nor will I kill my fathers because they are my real parents, you two are nothing to me."