THIRTEEN

Remus Lupin never felt like he was truly Lyndy's father

Remus Lupin never felt like he was truly Lyndy's father. It wasn't because of blood or the legal agreements it was the relationship they had. He knew her birth parents were dead, Sirius had adopted her and he just showed up one day not knowing what his title was even if she called him dad most of the time.

Sirius came down the stairs, his hair jelled down and black suit perfectly buttoned and fitting to his body. He put the brief case down and walking over to the table where he poured black coffee into a travel mug.

"I have a few interviews at the ministry today, I won't be back till later, you good with Lyndy?" Sirius asked getting the last few things ready before he went to leave.

"Am I her dad, or am I just some step dad? I know it's dumb of me to ask because you said I am before but how come I don't feel like I am?" Remus asked turning around in his spot.

"I don't know Moons but it's whatever you want it to be. I gave you the option to be her dad or not and I get it if you just want to be Remus to her but talk to Lyndy, she's smarter than she looks and this seems like a conversation I'm not supposed to be a part of."

The man let out a sigh nodding to his boyfriend's words. Sirius kissed him on the cheek before running out and yelling, I love you, and, see you later.

Remus Lupin poured his coffee down the drain and pulled out ingredients, something he never told anyone was that he baked, it calmed him and he had grown up doing it with his mother. It had even become a skill he had been told to peruse.

Lyndy had woken up to many smells wafting into her room. The light shown at the perfect angle as she rolled out from her bed and pulled on her clothes, trading them for the night gown. She reluctantly brushed her hair and teeth remembering her father words.

To her she had two dads; Sirius who she knew loved her more than anything and cared for her but he always seemed to have this just want to have fun side and seemed to forget about the import parts, Remus always remembered, he made her clean her room and read, practice math but needed to learn to have fun. The two balanced each other out perfectly and Lyndy knew she would always need them both.

She walked down the stair case seeing cookies, croissants, cupcakes, different types of bread. She ran over standing on the stool and watched as her dad continued mixing.

"What are you doing?"

"Mixing." His one word answer made her smile as she watched his concentration, another thing she wanted to learn as she grew up and seeped to be more running around and doing to much at once kind of person.

"Can I help?" She asked, a hopeful expression showing her vulnerability.

"Yeah, want to pour six cups of chocolate chips into the batter?"

"Six? It only calls for one?"

"Recipes are stupid." The girl giggled, staring to pour the many cups.

"Lyndy?"

"Hm?" She was no focused, perfectly measuring each cup.

"Am I your dad."

She nodded, "of course, I need both you and daddy because I need you for different things."

"Like?"

"Well, Daddy is more of the outgoing one, he teaches me social cues and teaches me to live life a little crazy while you are more introverted and teach me all the other skills, like how to read and cook and the dangers to beware of out in the world. Daddy treats me like a seven year old he wants to stay young, and you treat me like I'm growing. I need both of you because I'm the boat and your both the oars leading me in the right direction."

"That's. . . Wow munchkin," Remus was at a loss listening to the nine year old letting his doubts crumble away. "You know I'm a werewolf right? Does that scare you?"

"No, it's only 12 days out of 365, plus daddy says your more fluffy like a teddy bear and I like teady bears."

The two laughed pouring the many cups of chocolate chips into the bowl and mixing it all together.

"Are you sad you don't have a mum?"

"I had a mum and it didn't turn out good."

"Wanna tell me?"

"I never told Daddy the whole story."

"Thats okay, you don't have to tell anyone."

"My father was a Slytherin and he was the epitome of one. He drilled blood purity and perfection into my brain ever single day and if I was even a smidge less than perfect he would hit with his belt. My Mama was amazing, she came from a pure blood Slytherin family but she was a Ravenclaw. Only she let him hit her, she let him hit me because she was always so scared, I did love her and I used to feel protected by her when I had a nightmare but I never felt safe, neither of them ever made it feel safe. Anyways, one night the door broke down, the order was after my dad because he was second in command to you know who and one of the ladies told me to go into the closet and cover my eyes. I did it but I can't forget the way everyone screamed, the way I stayed hidden in the closet until Aunty Minnie came and got me. She took back to Hogwarts where I met daddy but some nights I go back to that night. It scares me still."

Remus leant down to be eye level to his daughter, "That won't ever happen again, your parents they didn't treat you the way they should have. They should have protected you and loved you. Sweet heart I promise that you won't ever have to feel unsafe or unloved ever again. Your dad and I we love you so much, more than life itself and if your ever scared at night again, you can just come crawl in with us."

"I love you daddy."

"I love you too munchkin."

I love this chapter, Remus and Lyndy father daughter moments melt my heart. Also this is how I see Remus and Sirius parenting and their roles, what do you all think? Thank you so much for reading and I plan on posting more soon with more chapters!!