FIFTEEN

She never lets anyone see her cry

The bell that chimes when the door opens goes off like mad as the blond ten year old stumbles in, tripping over her own feet as she bolts for the back of the shop. Her tears fall hot and salty down her skin as she slides down the wall in the back corner.

A brunette girl with very bushy hair, big bunny teeth and many books stacked in her hands follows after her, the need to make sure she was okay won out rather than buying the new books right away to run home and read.

"Are you okay?" Her voice is soft and carful as she approaches, skidding next to her carful to leave space.

Lyndy nods her head on her knees, holding back the tears.

"Are you sure? Your crying."

The feeling in her stomach heightens as she realizes she had been caught in the act burying her face deeper in her knees and arms that surround her face.

"I understand if you don't want to say anything we can just sit here but I'm here if you want to talk, I promise not to judge or say anything."

Lyndy peeked her eyes out looking at the girl who smiled back at her even if the action wasn't reciprocated back to her, "I'm a good listener at times, promise.

Lyndy raised her head wiping the tears from her cheeks before beginning her rant. Getting everything off her chest was something she needed to do. Sure, she talked to Ginny, the only girl she had known her entire life as she's the only other girl in the large complicated family but the ginger had developed a crush for the Potter boy, growing distant with Lyndy to to his affection for her. And her dads aren't much better, Sirius just says, kiss and make up, as if that were the answer for everything and Remus always says, try to see it from his perspective, he's hurting too.

Fuck all of it.

Sometimes I do wish I had a mum, I mean there's Lily, Molly and Alice but they have their own children. How can I expect them to listen to me?

"There's this boy, his name is Harry Potter and for some reason he has a crush on me. But I guess I hurt his feeling too many times because now he's hurting mine."

"What's he doing?"

"He pranks me all the time with stupid little things but other days they aren't funny."

"Like what?"

"Like he put glue in my sunscreen and I started to rub it on my face but I ended up glueing my eyes shut and it reminded me of when my parents were killed and the intruder covered my eyes."

"Did he know?"

"No . . . But still, it hurt and now he knows but he doesn't stop."

"I'm sorry."

Lyndy shrugged her shoulders, the glum look momentarily leaving her features.

"I hope I see you again one day."

The girl smiles, "me too, I feel like I want to share everything with you but the clocks ticking and I'm expected to be home soon."

"I'm Lyndy Lupin-Black, just in case you need to find me."

She smiles and stands to her feet, picking up the stack of books, "I'm Hermione Granger."

The two girls separated ways, one going back to her muggle family wondering why she's different than most why the word freak continues to be used to describe her and why she has such a strong feeling that Lyndy Lupin-Black will show up again in her life.

And Lyndy she went back to her family and sat alone, watching 'the next marauders,' and the older Weasley boys in their separate groups along with Ginny who made a friend with Luna Lovegood who happens to live near the Weasley household.

Lyndy Lupin-Black can't wait to meet her people, she can't wait for Hogwarts.

Hermione Granger has been introduced! I just want to say I'm sorry I haven't been posting more regularly I got caught up on reading this book series I love but I plan on writing a few chapters for each of my books over the next week and I really hope you all enjoyed this one even though it's shorter.

Have an amazing day or night :)