EIGHTEEN

(This is Grace)

"RAVENCLAW."

That one word. It wasn't terrible and nor was it shameful but when Lyndy heard she didn't smile right away like all the other kids. She hadn't voiced the thought out loud but secretly she wanted to be a Gryffindor, she wanted to be like her dads, but that single word being called was a simple yet persistent reminder that she wasn't like them.

The girl walked over to the table, her robes turning blue and the ribbon in her hair changing colour as she walked over to the table. Her eyes started at her ponytail and the ribbon that held it together. It was a present from Remus, charmed to change not on,y that piece but two pieces that were wrapped around each of their fathers wrists so they could now her house.

Grace smiled and let an over exaggerated wave fly through the air. That girl was odd cookie with all sorts of words flying out of her mouth at once but Lyndy could tell she was extremely loyal and kind hearted.

"You've joined us, I see. Have we already influenced you this much?" Ollie asked, an amused grin spreading to his lips.

"No," I piped back, rolling my eyes in a joking manner, "I was adopted, maybe one of my birth parents were a Ravenclaw."

"You don't know?"

"I was too young. I only have one memory of them."

"What was it?"

"The way they looked," it was necessarily a lie, she remembered certain things about each of them but her only memory was of them dying."

Lyndy quickly started up a new conversation the best she could and learning all about her house. She didn't like talking about her birth parents.

After dinner, Dumbledore started saying his speech only to be interrupted by an owl flying straight through the window, a howler attached to its feet. And it landed right in front of Lyndy, from her fathers. The girls eyes widened and looked at the twins theirs showing the same fear.

"Go ahead Mrs. Lupin-Black, open it, we don't need an explosion on the first day." Dumbledore spoke Lyndy's smile not showing the enthusiasm a smile should.

She opened it slowly until blue and silver confetti flew everywhere.

"I FUCKING KNEW IT!" Sirius' voice yelled, "DIDN'T I TELL YOU REM THAT SHE WOUOD BE A RAVEN!"

"Yes, yes you did. So proud of you honey especially since this means your more like me which is by far going to help you in the long run," Remus's voice was quoted but she could hear Sirius puff out air.

"That ain't true, me and Lyndy have a special connection because I found her."

"Sirius, please get on with it."

"RIGHT! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU AND WE LOVE YOU SO FUCKING MUCH PUMPKIN! Blue always was your colour and I always knew you were a smart, creative, witty girl. GIVE HOGWARTS HELL FOR ME!"

"And study hard!" Remus called.

"Don't listen to him, your dads such a drag, anywho send us a letter soon, we want to hear everything!"

The letter created a small firework, the word congratulations in blue sparkling over as the letter vanished. Lyndy looked around her, the teacher all had smiles as if remembering the two men and students either smiled, laughed, envied, or were just to confused to comprehend.

"Sorry," Lyndy spoke a sheepish grin on her face, "my dads are a little odd." But the wide smile on her face was finally one filled with real joy because of her father's words, she was like them, and they did love her, a house wouldn't change that.

And that was her first day. It wasn't perfect and there were lots of uncomfortable moments for the girl but it was simply the beginning of a much larger journey she was excited to take on. And Hogwarts, it would remember Lyndy Lupin-Black.

I kinda love this chapter even though it's a bit shorter. The years of Hogwarts chapters are coming up and that's very exciting! I will be doing it a bit differently at the start such as the first few years will have less parts than upper years will. But I am extremely excited for things to come as I have done a lot of planning. Buckle your seat belts! And thank you so much for reading and I hope you all liked it!!!!