TWENTY TWO

WARNINGS: mentions of abuse and torture

When the family of four made their way onto the platform, the crowd broke apart making a path for them to walk down

When the family of four made their way onto the platform, the crowd broke apart making a path for them to walk down. Everyone remembered William Tisdale, the man who stood next to the dark lord through the first war and would undeniably stand next to him if he were to come back.

Lyndy stood behind her mother, her head downcast at her shoes as she walked, her hand also holding her brothers as she did. The Tisdale family wasn't warm or comforting, they were cold, got things done and treated their children like pieces of property to be used for their own successions.

"On the train," her father said, "Tilly already put your trunks at the front, you needn't worry."

Tilly was the head house elf at their manor and the only one other than her brother who kept a close eye on her. The two Tisdale children did as asked and entered the train watching as their parents left before running off once again and through the train station.

This time Lyndy was the one dragging her brother until she spotted the large family their backs turned to her all looking for something. Lyndy pushed herself further and hugged Sirius from behind, the man immediately falling to the floor and hugging his daughter, holding her to him and remembering that this is the reason he refrained from drinking again.

Remus was next wrapping his arms around her and pulling her off the ground, something he never wanted her to grow out of allowing.

"I missed you my sunflower," Remus smiled and Sirius had tears in his eyes, a sight not seen by many. "Missed you too — is daddy crying," she whispered the last part.

"Most likely," Remus chuckled which made Lyndy giggle.

"We promise we're working on getting you back sweetness, just waiting on our lawyer."

"Mm, on that note," Lyndy said wiggling out of her dads grasp and walking over to Ben who stood a few feet away awkwardly pretending to to pay close attention to his feet.

"This is Ben, and I was wondering if he could come too. William isn't very nice to him."

"Who's William?" Sirius asked.

"Bio dad, but I call him William, he doesn't like it," Lyndy said shrugging her shoulders.

"Lyndy what do you mean by they aren't nice?" Lily asked making her way forward, the question burning in her mind ever since the letter she had heard on Harry's birthday.

"It's just Slytherin parent things," Lyndy shrugged again, her bright smile masking so much as she does.

"Lyndy, you can tell us," James says from beside Sirius, a man who remembers his brother acting the same way.

"I don't know, William, he just gets mad a lot and usually it's towards Lori, he hits her a lot but he gets mad at Ben and I too, he hits Ben and I've heard him use the unforgivable you told me about."

"Does he do it you? The unforgivable?" Remus asked and the question hung in the air as bile rose to his throat.

"It was only once daddy it doesn't matter," Lyndy shrugged looking down at her shoes before looking up again, "he really doesn't like it when I call him William but I couldn't call him dad because he isn't one to me." And for the first time since the beginning of summer, tears fell down her cheeks and her breathing quickened in pace making it unsteady.

Sirius went forward and pulled her to him, his child, the one that he met while he was at his lowest point, the little girl that saved him but he felt like he had failed her, like he hadn't saved her. But he would, he would stop at nothing to save her.

The horn of the train went off signalling students to get on.

"Lyndy, Christmas tell your parents you two can't go home and come to ours, Ben you too."

Ben looked to his sister, her nodding and smiling at her dads and when he looked back at the two men they were smiling back.

"We would love to be your dad as well if you'll let us."

Ben didn't say anything he just smiled for the first time in bing there and gave a swift nod unable to do anything further, "that would be very nice," was all he said taking Lyndy's hand in his.

"We have to sit with the Slytherins because they're communicating with William and Lori but Lyndy can talk to you all when we arrive. She is a Ravenclaw after all."

"And what house are you Ben?" James asked.

He shrugged his shoulders feeling shame rule over his shoulders as he remembered being sorted a few weeks ago, how proud his father was and how disappointed he was that he hadn't been brave enough to be anything else.

"Slytherin."

Sirius stepped forward and hugged the boy, something the fourteen year old had not been familiar with other than the ones from Lyndy.

"My brother was a Slytherin, you know and he was one of the best men I ever knew, besides, just because your Slytherin does not immediately mean your evil and like your father. I used to think that but I've learned from my mistakes. Slytherin means your ambitious, resourceful, determined, clever and so much more. Don't let stereotypes get the best of you."

"Told you he was good dad," Lyndy smiled up at her brother and dad, "and as much as I'd love to stay and chat, we really better get going. I'll talk to all you kiddos tomorrow at breakfast for know I have to pretend I like blood purity I don't why, blood makes me queazy."

Lyndy said, smiling at the group one more time before running off and making her way to the train waving at the top before disappearing in a compartment on the other side of the train.

Lyndy couldn't wait for Christmas, she couldn't wait to see her friends and be back home. But most of all she couldn't wait to be back home for good.

A little reunion. The next chapter will be the entire year of second year meaning it should be really long like the one before this. I hope you all enjoy this chapter and thank you sooo much for reading!