Chapter Eight

Rosé pulls away from the kiss. "We should probably go to the site," she says.

You left very early in the morning, Irene hadn't even woken up yet. And where else would you go? To Rosé's apartment, of course.

She stands but you pull her back to you, her naked body crashing onto yours. "Just one more round," you tell her.

She laughs but shakes her head at you. "People are waiting, baby."

Baby. The only one who has ever called you that is Irene. It sounds different coming from Rosé's lips. It seems... Off.

While she bathes, you decide to cook a simple breakfast for the two of you. Bacon, eggs and sausages. Not really a typical Asian breakfast, which is just right for Roseanne Park who was born and raised in Australia.

"How do you like your coffee?" she asks from behind, startling you a little. She has just gotten out of the shower.

You turn to her and stare at the beautiful woman that stands before you; even in her pink robe and her hair still damp, she still looks elegant. And very sexy.

"Black," you answer.

She gives you a smile before busying herself with making coffee for the two of you. You put the food on the table.

"Oh!" she exclaims when she sees everything you've prepared. "Did you know that this is my favorite breakfast?"

You wink at her. It's not hard to know; you found it in one of her interviews.

You've researched as much as you can about the K-idol.

"Do you like it?" you ask, though you're confident that she does.

"I love it," she answers. She leans in for a kiss but just as you're about to seal her lips with yours, she holds the mug between the two of you and you end up kissing it.

"Yah," you say in an annoyed voice as she laughs. Your annoyance gets thrown out of the window, though, when she hands you the mug; she is very likable. It's so easy being around her.

It reminds you of the time when you and Irene were just dating.

"Black coffee. Exactly the way you want it," she tells you proudly. You gratefully take the mug from her and take a sip, then you enjoy a warm breakfast with Rosé.

"Architect," Young-po greets as he walks to you. "Ms. Park is not..."

He trails off. Slacked-jaw, he watches as Rosé steps out of your car.

"[Y/N] was kind enough to pick me up, Young-po," she informs.

Her manager bows to you. "Thank you, Architect! Oh, I was beginning to worry because she wasn't answering my texts."

"From now on, she'll ride with me if she wants to visit the site. I promise I'll keep her safe." You give him a reassuring smile. Then you turn to the K-idol and offer your hand to her. "Come, let me show you the progress."

"I'll have a slice of Pizza Margherita," Rosé tells the waiter. She shifts her gaze to you. "And you, darling?"

"Chicken Alfredo, please," you answer. You mutter a thanks as the waiter walks away from your table. "Rosé, are you sure that this is safe?"

She furrows her brows, confusion evident in her expression. "What do you mean?"

You lean back on your chair. "What if someone... Sees us and takes a picture? What if they put it on the internet? Irene might see it and suspect something."

She leans forward and rests her chin on her hand, elbow propped on the table. "It's safe. I've been here before," she assures you. "Jisoo unnie's aunt owns this place. Besides, nobody's going to suspect anything. We work together, baby."

You blush at the mention of the endearment. "Let's not use endearments when we're in public."

"Why not?"

"Just to be safe, Ro."

You appreciate that you and Rosé are having lunch together in public. A date. An actual date.

Back then, you couldn't do this with Irene; she was the most sought-after idol during her Red Velvet days so there were always cameras around her. And since people didn't know of her sexuality, she couldn't be seen in public with you.

Your date nights were usually just binge watching at Irene's place or yours; you two would order food and drink alcohol (usually wine or beer) and watch whatever movie or TV show that she wanted.

One time, you took her on a surprise date to her mom's café back in her hometown (Daegu). Her family closed it for a night just for you to have privacy in your romantic evening.

But now, sitting by the window at an Italian restaurant with Rosé in front of you, you can't help but appreciate her even more. She doesn't even care if somebody sees you two.

Your phone rings, breaking you out of your reverie. You give her a sheepish smile as you fish it out of your pocket. "Excuse me," you say before answering the call. "Hello?"

"Hey, baby," Irene greets from the other line. "I just left your office. I was going to ask you to eat out but you weren't there."

"Look, Joohyun, I'm busy. I'm with a client." You don't feel guilty at all because technically, it isn't a lie; the blonde woman that sits before you really is your client.

"I'm sorry. I should've asked your schedule first." She sighs. "What about dinner? Do you want to go out with me tonight?"

"I'm sorry. Tonight's no good." Now that is a lie. "I may need to work overtime."

The food gets served and you hastily say goodbye to your wife.

"You're working overtime?" Rosé inquires.

"No," you answer.

She looks at you in confusion. "Then why did you say that to Irene?"

"I want to spend more time with you tonight."