Chapter Twenty-Five

"[Y/N]! Nice of you to join us!" Lisa exclaims.

"Yeah, I'm thankful that Rosé invited me," you answer, smiling brightly at the Thai.

Jennie, who's standing next to Lisa, clears her throat. "Does Irene unnie know you're coming with us, [Y/N]?"

You throw her a dagger look and clench your fist. You hold no proof yet somehow, you are still convinced that Jennie was the one who ratted you out to Irene.

"Are we gonna chat or are we getting on the plane?" Jisoo interrupts. Judging by the tone of her voice and the look on her face, she is annoyed about something.

"Unnie's right," Rosé chimes in. "We don't wanna miss our flight now, do we?"

You smile at your girlfriend, knowing fully well that she backed Jisoo up to stop Jennie from asking further questions.

"Rosé, can I talk to you for a second?" Jennie asks. "The plane won't take off until 11:30 so we still have a few minutes left."

Rosé squeezes your hand. "I'll be right back."

You smile at her and nod, then the leader pulls her away from you so they can talk in private.

"Pretty girl, huh?" Lisa says with a smirk. "She's a catch."

"She is a heartbreaker," you answer, looking at Rosé from afar.

She is one of the very few idols that are naturally beautiful and effortlessly elegant. She is also very talented; that is why she's well-loved by Blinks, both in Korea and everywhere else in the world.

And she is a good person, maybe even great.

If only she'd come to me sooner, you think to yourself. Maybe we'd have better circumstances then.

"She's our princess," Jisoo says, snapping you out of your thoughts. You also notice the coldness in her voice. "She's a softie. She is very lovable, and is a kind person. She deserves someone who could give her everything she has ever wanted, you know? Not someone who will turn her into a horrible person."

You lock eyes with the group's unnie and you just know that she is talking about you.

"Yah, Unnie. That's not a very nice thing to say," Lisa chastises her. Then she looks at you and gives you a sheepish smile. "I'm sorry, [Y/N]."

"It's okay," you answer almost immediately.

But of course it isn't okay. You know to yourself that Rosé deserves so much more than what she is settling for. And although you want to give it to her, it isn't possible because you are married.

"I am not wrong though," Jisoo insists in a low voice.

"Stop it, Unnie. How do you think will Chaeng react if she finds out about what you've said?"

"Why? What did Unnie say?" Rosé suddenly asks from behind you.

The three of you whip your heads towards Rosé; you also see Jennie from behind, looking at you with dagger eyes. She could've bored holes into your whole body by just looking at you if possible.

Rosé and Jisoo stare each other down for what seems to be a full minute. Finally, the older woman looks away and sighs.

"Nothing," she says in a resigned voice. "It wasn't important."

But the blondie does not believe her; she shifts her gaze to the maknae of the group. "Lisa? What did Unnie say? You all seemed serious before I approached you three."

Lisa gives her a wide smile and shakes her head. "Unnie just noticed you were getting thin," she lies. "She said something about [Y/N] not making sure you eat at the right time. I stopped her because I didn't want [Y/N] to be offended."

You know Rosé's aware that Lisa is lying. She's just about to say something but you hold her hand and give it a gentle squeeze. "I promised Jisoo I'd take care of you even better," you chime in so as not to make the situation worse. "It's all good now."

"Let's just get on that damn plane," Jennie says unceremoniously. "I can't wait for this trip to be over."

"That makes two of us," Rosé says under her breath, making sure that the older woman does not hear her.

Lisa reaches for Jennie's hand as she shows her the menu. "What do you want to eat?"

She smiles and lightly taps Lisa's cheek twice. "Just order whatever, darling. You know what I like," she answers. And though she uses a cheerful tone when she speaks to the Thai, it's still pretty obvious that she isn't in the mood.

And so is Rosé, who's been sitting quietly next to you. She hasn't said much since you arrived in Thailand.

"Maybe you should just order for all of us, Lisa," Jisoo suggests. "You're from here so you know the food better than we do. Make sure you get me something spicy, though."

Lisa gestures for the waiter, who immediately approaches the table and takes the group's order. And as soon as the waiter has walked away, she glares at all of you.

"I thought we were going here to blow off steam?" She crosses her arms over her chest. "Why the hell are you all acting like this?"

Rosé raises her eyebrow at her. "Like what?"

"Like this!" she exclaims, frustrated. "You and Jennie aren't even looking at each other. Unnie and [Y/N], you are acting as if everything were fine when you both know that two of our companions aren't okay."

Rosé chuckles before answering. "Well, maybe if Jennie unnie will back off—"

"Back off?" Jennie interrupts. "Back off from what, Ro? From knocking some sense into your stupid head?"

"Jennie," you warn in a calm but cold manner. "Stop it."

"I'll stop when your girlfriend here—" she glares at the blondie "—stops this madness. Jesus Christ, she is married, Rosé! And they have a son! Did you even consider that when you started sleeping with her?!"

"Don't for a second think that it does not cross my mind, Jennie," Rosé barks, pointing at Jennie. "I think about it all the time. Do you honestly think this has been easy for me?"

"See, that's bullshit. You know to yourself that what you two are doing is horrible beyond words yet you're still doing it. That's selfish. This isn't the Rosé that we know."

Jisoo, who sits at the head of the table, clears her throat and scans the whole group before fixing her gaze on your girlfriend. "Rosé, I am in no way tolerating you. I'm with Jennie in this. We're very disappointed, Ro, because we know that you are better than this. [Y/N] is married and you two are very selfish people. Irene unnie has been kind to us since our debut; how you even thought of doing this is just beyond me, Rosé."

The moment she shifts her gaze to Jennie, the look in her eyes becomes softer. "And Jennie, there is a proper place where this can be settled. I know you're angry because Irene unnie is a good friend of yours but don't forget that Rosé is our sister. She is one of us. Let's not do this in public. We are artists, Jen, public figures. We shouldn't talk about this very serious matter carelessly, especially in a place where people might hear us.

"If we can just please pretend for an hour that everything is okay, that nothing is wrong. Let's all dine in peace. Lisa worked so hard and planned this trip for all of us to enjoy but so far, nothing has been fun about any of this."

The food arrives and all five of you eat in silence, each lost in her own thoughts.