Chapter Fourteen

Your body crashes on Rosé's, both of you drenched in sweat and your chests heaving.

"Oh, God," she whispers. "That was the best sex I've ever had."

You roll to the other side of the bed and cover your naked body with the thick comforter.

"Are you thirsty?" you ask.

She snuggles her head into your shoulder and closes her eyes. "No. Just tired."

"Yeah, me too. Let's take a nap."

As you're about to fall asleep, though, Rosé speaks again, "Jennie unnie is hosting a party this weekend. Will you come with me?"

You open your eyes and look at her in disbelief. How can she ask that knowing Jennie and Irene are good friends?

"I can't, babe. Your unnie invited Irene. Of course I'll come with my wife."

She purses her lips. "Right."

You sigh, feeling guilty about what you just said.

Sure, both you and your girlfriend know that this is cheating. And technically, she is a home-wrecker. But you don't want to rub it to her face.

"Rosé..." you softly call. She looks at you with warm eyes. "I'll see you there, okay? And who knows? Perhaps we can sneak in one of Jennie's guest rooms." You wink at her, which she returns with a giggle.

"No sneaking in, silly. All my members will be there and I'm sure that Unnie invited Red Velvet too. It's too risky."

"By the way, is Jennie dating anyone?"

Rosé furrows her brows and looks at you suspiciously by squinting her eyes. "Why do you ask? Do you like her?"

You chuckle. "You sound like a jealous girlfriend."

"I am a jealous girlfriend." She clears her throat before answering your question. "She and Lisa are a thing."

This shocks you because you didn't expect them to be into girls. "So... JenLisa rumors are true?"

She raises an eyebrow at you. "There are JenLisa rumors?"

"Yeah, all over the internet. Blinks have speculated for years that YG Ent's been reprimanding them from posting their pictures on Instagram so that no one would figure out the real score between them."

Rosé lets out a laugh, then she clears her throat and collects herself.

"That is ridiculous. No one's stopping them from posting," she replies reassuringly. "But yeah, they are a thing. They have been since 2017."

"Isn't that awkward for you and Jisoo?"

"What do you mean?" she asks as she squints an eye. She doesn't make an effort to hide the confusion in her voice.

"Those two are dating and... Well..." You struggle to find the right words; after all, you're tired and sleepy. It's hard to think straight.

But she seems to understand now. "They stay professional when we're working. Sometimes, even I forget that they're a couple." She pauses for a moment, looking thoughtful as she takes your hand in hers. "I'm worried about Jisoo unnie though."

"Why? Does she like Jennie?"

"She's never confirmed it but I've always had a hunch that she does," she informs. The corner of her lip curls to a smirk.

You pull her into a hug. "Not that it's any of my business," you say, "but Jennie and Lisa look cute together. I think they're a power couple."

"I think we're a power couple," she retorts in her soft Aussie accent, resting her cheek on your shoulder.

Power couple. The mention of the term reminds you of all the times that Yeri called you and Irene a power couple. She used to say that to the two of you back when you just started dating.

Your mind wanders back to Jennie and panic rushes through the surface as you remember the way she glanced at you the last time you saw her; she looked as if she knew about you and her friend. If that's the case, you and your girlfriend aren't safe considering the fact that Jennie and Irene are friends.

"Baby, are you sure that none of your members are suspicious about the two of us?" You try to mask the panic in your voice but to no avail.

"I'm certain," she replies firmly. "I promise you, they think I'm straight."

"I just want to make sure. I'm especially worried about Jennie; she's a good friend of Irene's."

"Our secret is safe. Okay?" She pecks you on the cheek. "Besides, she wouldn't rat me out. Jennie unnie cares about me. I'm like her little sister. She would never betray me."

"Still, we can never be too safe."

"Baby, shush." She locks eyes with you. "Trust me. Okay? We're in the clear."

And though you want to reiterate that you just want to make sure that Blackpink, especially Jennie, will not tell on you and Rosé, your lids are getting heavier by the second.

As sleep is about to consume you, your phone rings. Rosé reaches for it from the bedside table and glances at the screen before handing it to you. "It's your wife."

You take a deep breath before answering. "Hello, Joohyun?"

"It's almost 8 pm," Irene announces from the other line. "Where are you?"

"I met with a client," you answer, which, technically, isn't really a lie.

"Kai's been asking for you. Will you be home for dinner?"

"I already ate. I'm just about to leave now." As soon as you've said the last sentence, you look at Rosé whose eyes are set intently on you.

"Okay. Drive safe, I love you."

"See you in a bit, Joohyun." You hang up and give Rosé a sheepish smile. "I have to leave. Irene's looking for me."

"I wish you could stay a bit longer," she says, pouting.

And at that moment, you want nothing more than to stay by her side.

If only I'd met her sooner, you think to yourself.

•••

A/N: Thank you so much to everyone who has read this book. I am overwhelmed by all your support. I'm sorry it took some time to update as I had to take a mental health break, but I am back now. I hope you guys continue to read and enjoy this story!