Chapter Eleven

"You ready?" you ask Irene.

"Almost," she answers. "Where is Kai?"

"I just dropped him off to my sister's. He'll be fine." You take a full minute to appreciate how celestial your wife is in her midnight blue dress. "I'll watch you backstage."

She freezes, eyes wide in horror. "Babe, no. I better see you from up the stage or I will be nervous!"

"Hey, shush," you coo. You walk to her and hold her hand. "The cameras can't see me, right? I'm sure you don't want the media feasting on pictures of your wife."

She runs a hand through her hair. "You're right," she answers in a defeated voice. "Still. It would've been nice to see you from the stage, you know? It would've helped me calm my nerves."

Irene's been invited to host a music awards show alongside RM, a former member of boy group BTS. It's not her first time to be an MC but she still gets nervous, especially when she has to do it next to someone she barely even knows.

"I will be cheering for you. Kai will watch you on TV." You plant a quick kiss on her lips. "Besides, your members will be there. You can look at them if you feel nervous. Soo-young told me they're assigned a table at the front, so it'll be easy to locate them."

"All the more reason why I'm nervous. They've all been very supportive of me even before but I really get conscious whenever they watch me."

"Relax, okay? You'll do well. In any case though..." You walk to her and hold out a Tiffany & Co. box. "Look at this and think of me if you get nervous. I'm right there with you though you can't see me."

You open the box to reveal a beautiful 36-diamond bracelet.

She gasps in delight at the sight of the silver bracelet that you know will suit her ivory skin perfectly

She gasps in delight at the sight of the silver bracelet that you know will suit her ivory skin perfectly. "Baby, you shouldn't have!" she says.

You take it out of its box and clasp it around her right wrist. "It's perfect on you," you say with a twinkle in your eyes.

Irene isn't really materialistic but she appreciates everything that you've given her.

"It's so beautiful," she remarks, eyes dancing from you to the bracelet on her wrist then back to you. "Thank you."

You offer your hand for her to hold. Together, you get out of the house and walk to her black Mercedes-AMG GT Coupé. You open the passenger door for her and watch as she gracefully slides onto the seat; her eyes follow you as you walk around the coupé and get on the driver's seat.

"You look lovely," you tell Irene, who's sitting in front of the mirror in her dressing room.

She smiles at your reflection. "Will you be okay here all by yourself? My manager can stay with you."

"Don't worry about me." You give her a reassuring smile. "I have everything I need here. I think I'll enjoy the chocolate fountain." You eye all the food lined up on the long table.