Chapter 7

I came downstairs to join the Carrington Family. I saw Colton, Andrea, and Greyson all standing in the foyer by the front door. Colton was giving Greyson a bro hug. As I descended the stairs they all looked up at me, with big smiles on their faces.

Colton spoke first. "Kendall we are waiting for you, before me and Andrea left. We're going to meet with Miss Cara for wedding plans."

"Oh, you are waiting for me?" I asked with a look of confusion on my face.

"Me and Andrea wanted to ask you and Grey something we should have before now." Colton motioned toward Andrea to speak up.

Andrea nervously addressed me. "I wanted to ask if you'd be my maid of honor in our wedding?"

Greyson excitedly added that he had already agreed to be Colton's best man. I didn't know how to answer Andrea. Miss Cara is their wedding planner. She knows that Mark and I were engaged. I know her well from my own canceled wedding plans. This will be very awkward to say the least. I couldn't believe my best friend would put me in this position. I would rather she confided in Colton, the real situation. I now felt forced to tell Greyson about my engagement to Mark.

I plastered on a smile, while hugging Andrea. "Yes, of course." I really wanted to ask if she had lost her mind.

The tears began to form in my eyes, instantly. Greyson and Colton thought they were tears of joy. Andrea knew the real reason for my tears. My time had run out. I could no longer hide the truth from Greyson about Mark.

This was not the way I had wanted to tell him, but my hand was forced. I felt an indescribable sadness. My best friend was getting married and using my wedding planner. Now, I'm expected to be her maid of honor.

I'm getting over my own heartbreak. I guess I brought it on myself. I should have been honest from the start about my broken engagement to Mark West, Victoria Beaumont's fiancé. Colton and Andrea left after Greyson and I agreed to be in their wedding. They were finalizing wedding plans with Miss Cara. Their wedding countdown begins, it's two months way in June.

My friend always wanted to be a June bride. All of my old feelings came slamming into my chest. Suddenly, I couldn't breathe.

Greyson quickly put his arm around me. "Are you alright? Do you feel faint? Can I get you anything?" He questioned me, with worry. He could see I was visibly shaken.

I pointed and asked him, "Is this shoulder taken?"

He quickly answered, "My shoulder is always there when you need it, for any reason."

I laid my head on Greyson's shoulder and cried like I had never cried before. I let go of my pent up emotions. My deeply embedded feelings rose to the surface from Momma passing away, my broken engagement, and my shattered heart. My tears came flooding like a raging torrent. Greyson stood in the foyer of his home and held me tight. He let me cry. . . he didn't ask questions or even speak. He just knew, that I needed a good cry.

~Don't Forget to Vote and/or Comment~ ❤️