Chapter 15

Kendall

I went inside, and my favorite adopted momma was waiting with a giant hug. I even received a hug and quick peck on my cheek from Mr. Carrington. "Kendall you look beautiful, sugarplum. This look suits you. I saw you outside talking to Grey. I'm sure he noticed too." Ava winked, and placed some wedding favors down on the foyer table.

Andrea was showing Colton some tuxedo design choices. Guys don't really care about stuff like that. But he humored her anyway. He was a good sport about it. He was saved by the doorbell ringing.

"I'm so sorry, I'm late. I had to make sure I had everything." Miss Cara came rushing in, with her arms full of gowns and other wedding paraphernalia she needed today. 

"Miss Prescott, how lovely to see you again." Miss Cara acknowledged me, with that constant sneer like smirk on her face. She hadn't changed a bit.

"If everyone is here, I'd like to get started," she clasped her hands together, out of breath. "This bridal fitting will take a while." She was flustered, but handled herself in true Miss Cara like fashion.

Greyson walked in right after Miss Cara had arrived. Savannah was practically joined at his hip, and for some reason not thrilled to see me. She perused me up and down and became unnerved by my presence. I had hit my mark in the bullseye.

"Kendall, I heard from Grey that you would be here today. How nice to see you again." She lied—Savannah didn't mean a word. I saw right through her phoniness. She clung even tighter to Greyson once she saw my face. It was as if she were intimidated by me, and afraid of losing him.

I guess she isn't as confident, as she portrays herself to be.

"Yes, since I'm a family friend and Andrea's maid of honor, my presence was required." I was very icy and sarcastic. I was surprised, I was able to find any words to spare her at all. The very sight of the woman nauseated me.

Greyson looked at me with his eyes appearing like storm clouds on a rainy day, and I could tell he was trying to accept this new change in my disposition. I was not playing nice in the sand box, with the other kids. But, he brought this on himself when he chose Savannah. I was no longer letting anyone take advantage of my kindness.

We all followed Miss Cara and the fittings began. I could not wait for this day to end.

                                                                  ~***~

Greyson

Kendall, looked beautiful when she got out of her car today. I couldn't stop staring at her, she took my breath away. When I tried to be nice to her she wasn't herself, and it bothered me. She called me, Grey. She is the only one, that calls me Greyson—not Grey. I miss the easy conversation that I used to have with her.

I miss our friendship . . . . Everything changed the morning Savannah called to tell me Noah's airplane had gone down in a storm. I had planned on Kendall and I having have a future. She had started to make me let down my guard after many years of hurt. The irony is, I'm able to forgive Savannah because Kendall taught me how to breathe again.

Savannah was truly the love of my life. I wanted to get married and start a family with her. I just wanted to make sure, I was ready to be a good husband and father once we got married. To me, marriage is forever and not a vow to be taken lightly.