eight

it was 3:45 and I was already dressed waiting for Jackson to come back. I had on jean shorts that stooped right at my knee, and I had on a guy Harvey T-shirt and my white flip flops. I walked into my room to grab my belt I almost forgot to put on. when my phone ranged. I pucked it up not even looking at the caller ID.

me: hello

other person: hi, ms. king, this is Frank, I was wondering if you will be able to start in two weeks on Wednesday.

me: umm... yea, sure

frank: well thanks for your time, and I can't wait to see you

me: no thank you

frank: have a nice day.

me: you too, bye.

we hung up. I flopped down on my bed and covered my hands with my face. "UGHHHH" I screamed. I texted Will and told him I needed to talk to him, its really important. he didn't respond.

I heard the doorbell but I didn't get up to I heard he second rang. I opened the door and it was Jackson. "where have you been?" I asked. "its none of your business, are you still going to the movies?" he asked brushing off my question. I nodded my head maybe the movie I'll take my mind off of everything. we left and headed off to the movies.

when we got there we paid for our tickets. we both decided to see the movie chappie. it was about a robot learning to think and love. we found our seats after buying a big bucket of popcorn to share. we were the only people on the top row, which was the row we sat at. the movie began and we sat back and watched.

I got up to go to the bathroom. when I came back I was going up the aisle when I saw this couple intensely making out. they broke faces and I noticed it was Will and this blonde. "WILL?" I shouted. everybody was now stating at me but I didn't care. he looked at me with wide eyes. "its not what it looks like." he said holding his hands up in surrender. "yea you told me that before" I stated. "YOU KNOW WHAT, I DONT CARE ANYMORE, WE ARE DONE THE WEDDING IS OFF" I said. all though we were engaged we never actually discussed a date.

"fine, there was never gonna be no wedding, anyways" he stated. with an evil smirk on his face. "I cheated on you, literally dozens of times and you only caught me twice" he laughed. I felt tears form in my eyes. 20% of my tears was because I was hurt. and 80% present of it was because I was upset. so upset I punched him in the jaw. he held his check and the little blonde girl held him like a baby and kept asking him was he okay. "just to warn you, he isn't anything but a jerk that doesn't respect women, so have fun with him" I said being dragged out by one of the people who worked at the movies.

they put me outside and told me I couldn't come back for a month. but I didn't care because I was moving in two weeks and I was gonna move alone, but its better this way. I sat on the sidewalk and played with the rocks on the ground. "hey you okay?" I heard someone say. I look up holding my hand up to block the sun. it was Jackson.

"go head and say it" I said. he looked at me confused. "go head and tell me I told you" I said. he gave off a smirk and sat by me in the sidewalk. "I'm not going to do that, at least not now" he said. I laid my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me. "thanks for being there" I said. I looked up at him and we just stared at each other. he grabbed my face softly and kissed my lips. I kiss him back then stop. "what bout Miranda?" I said. he shrugged. "we just decided to be friends" he said. I nodded my head in understandment.

"Jackson, I really like you..." I said starting to stop myself. "I like you to" he said. "but if we are gonna do this, we need to take it very slow, It may akw me a while to get over Will" I stated. he nodded and we got up from the sidewalk. we walk to his car. I nudged him with my shoulder and he did it back.
*******
we got back home and I was starving. I went in my room and took a nap.

I was woken up by the smell of spaghetti. I hoped out of my bed and stretched then walked in the kitchen, to find Jackson fixing a plate of spaghetti. "this smells great, who made it?" I asked. "me, you want some?" he asked. my eyes grew wide. "you made this? I didn't know you could cook, you are just full of secrets" I said. he was smiling but whipped the smile off his face when I said the word secrets. "yea, dig in" he said. handing me the plate he was fixing when I walked in. I started eating, and it was the best, better then my moms and my mom makes the best food. I took another bite before rubbing my stomach showing that I was full. "at was good, spicy, but its better that way" I said.

I went over to the couch and turned on a movie. Jackson came and sat beside me after putting the dishes in the dish washer. he put his arm around me and I laid my head on his shoulder recreating the moment that happened earlier at the movies. he fell asleep with his arms still around me. I just stared at him before falling asleep myself.

I woke up in the morning In my own bed, I guess Jackson carried me to my room. I got up and put on my robe and walked in the kitchen, and I didn't see Jackson, I walked in the front room, the bathroom, even his room and I still didn't see him. I looked out the window and saw his car was gone. my phone started ranging. I picked it up.

me: hello

person: ms. king, there has been an accident.

me: what kind of accident, and who are you talking about?

person: Jackson Tyler, he was found behind a back of building laying on the ground covered in bruises.

my phone dropped. I rushed out the door with my keys.
*******
what do y'all think??

what do y'all think happen to Jackson??

who would do that to Jackson??

how do y'all feel about Jackson and leya taking it slow??

why do you think Jackson reacted like that when leya said the word secrets??

would you recommend this book to other people??

what's y'all favorite part about he book??

comment

vote

share