fourteen

my eyes grew wide and so did his. "what's wrong, you know him?" Ross asked. I nodded starting to stutter. "yea, yea, um, he was a very god, i mean good friend" I stated. Jackson just looked at me. "can I talk to you for a sec" he asked then met eyes with Ross. "alone" I nodded my head and we walked to a shady area.

I was expected him to yell and get mad, get the wrong idea about me and Ross, but instead he pulled me in a long, tight hug. when he let go of me, I shot him a confused look. "I missed you so much, even though it hasn't been that long, a day without you is like a million years." he said. i felt my eyes filling with tears. my heart was touched. "that's very sweet, Jackson, I feel the same way" I know I don't think about him as much as he describes the way he thinks about me but I didn't want to make it seem like I didn't miss him, cause I do.

"Jackson hurry up....oh youre here" I met eyes with Miranda. "what are you doing here?" I asked. "I'm here with Jackson, why are you here? I know you are not here with Jackson, 1, because I'm here with him and 2 because you left him here alone" she said. I looked back and fourth between her and Jackson.

"I gotta go" I said walking away. "leya, leya" Jackson called my name but I didn't turn around cause I knew the tears were just going to start coming. what did I do? why do she hate me so much?

I saw Ross by a snack stand, I walked over to him. and he immediately sensed something was wrong. he put his hands on each of my shoulders. "what's wrong?" he asks. I shake my head. but he wouldn't let it go and he kept asking me. "did he hurt you? where is he?" he asked. I patted his cheast. "calm down, its not him" I said. "then who is it?" he asked. Miranda walked by me and bumped my shoulder. Ross read my face. "its her, isn't it?" I nodded. and played my head on his chest and he put his arms around me, and we waited in the snack line together.
**********
I was eating price of Ross's funnel cake while he was in the bathroom. my phone went off. I wiped my hands off with a napkin and grabbed it out my back pocket, it was Jackson, what now, I thought

Jackson: I'm sorry bout Miranda, she just think I'm hers, and I'm not, I'm yours even if we are married to other people I will always be yours

me: that's sweet, but you're not mine, its clear that Miranda likes you, and I think you still like her, you didn't say anything when she was talking to me

Jackson: I know, and I'm sorry, I just love you

me: I love you to, its just that things are....things are tough right now, I live in California now, you live so far away, and...
I don't know

Jackson: can we just try it, see how things go how far they can go

me: I have to this about it

Jackson: you been thinking bout it forever

me: just give me more time

I put the phone back in my pocket. "so, you love him?" I turn and looked up and it was Ross, standing over me "what?" I ask "were you reading my text messages?" I asked. he gave me a look that said duh. "its complicated, an I don't feel like explaining it" I said. he nodded in understandment.
*******
the dog fundraiser was over an we raised almost over 12,000. me and Ross were heading ouwhen someone pulled my arm. and of course it was Jackson. "what?" I said aggravated.he kissed me. but not just any kiss, I actually felt the spark. I heard people cheering. and saying aww but I tuned them out. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands were already around my waist.

we broke apart and I touched my lips, because they were kinda numb. we stared at each other for a while. "we have to go" I was snapped out of our gaze by the sound of Ross voice. "oh...oh yea, I love you Jackson" "I love you to" he told me back.
***********
what do y'all think??

I know the texting part was kind confusing b/c I had the whole conversation bolded and I'm sorry for that, but I didn't realize it until I was half way done, and I know yall probably thought it was the end with e questions and stuff, but yea

what to y'all think about Miranda talking to leya like that??

what do y'all think about Ross comforting leya??

what do y'all think about 'the great kiss' that leya and Jackson shared??

comment

vote

share