hello kitty and the scooby doo gang

"...no, we're not... let's go... wakes up."

All I heard were pieces of a conversation as a throbbing ache pierced my head. Then a door closed. It's not the first time I've woken up this way, but I am seriously tired of it.

My surroundings were slowly coming into focus. I figured I might be in my room until I spotted an antique mirror on the wall across me. Yep, definitely not in my room. The memories from last night came back. In case you've forgotten - honestly, I did too - last night was the 50s decade dance. And I know, you're probably thinking, Y/N, why were you of all people at a dance?

Well, the answer is quite simple. Caroline called after my shift at the Grill, practically begging me to take pictures for the yearbook. How she got my number, I don't know.

Bailey, Bethany - whatever their name was - bailed, which left the job up to me. The other reason I went is that we all know, for some reason, it doesn't take long for Jeremy to do something wrong without me there to keep him in check.

Some pretty weird things happened once I got there. Not only was I dubbed Little Red Riding Hood by none other than Damon Salvatore, but I was a little jealous. Okay, these feelings aren't foreign to me, but it was surprising that I was jealous of Anna. I mean, I'm happy for Jer. He's my best friend, and if he's happy, I am too. But I think I'm still allowed to feel hurt about it.

The weirdest part about last night, though, was me bumping into someone. It was an accident, and if anything, the person bumped into me first, but it seemed to set them off. This person gave me the heebie-jeebies, so I took that as my cue to leave. I mean, I did what Caroline had asked of, and I had my fill of classic teenage drama for one night.

Okay, I take that part about that being the weirdest because what happened after I left takes the cake for sure.

A little recap: after being creeped out by the person very obviously watching me, I hopped on my bike and started making my way home. But, of course, nothing seems to go the way I want anymore. I was too busy looking forward - in my defense, who looks down when they're riding their bike? - anyway, I wasn't paying attention to the sidewalk and ended up falling off.

We all know the stories of me falling off my bike and how I probably have a concussion, making me loopier than I usually am. Speaking of which, I should definitely get that checked out.

Back to the recap: I was crawling around on the ground like Velma, looking for the glasses she's dropped for the thousandth time. Expect I was searching for my phone in this scenario. When I finally found it, a boot, a black boot to be exact, stepped on it.

That reminds me. I'm going to need to get a new phone. And probably a new bike. And a possible hospital visit. And-

"You're awake."

I slowly turned my head in the direction of the speaker. My brows furrowed as I stared at the person from last night. I got off the bed I was lying on, wincing at the sharp pain in my knees.

"Who are you, and what do you want?"

"Why don't we sit down?" They took a step forward, "I'm sure you have some questions."

"No, how about we don't sit down. How about you instead tell me who you are and why the hell I'm here?"

The woman tilted her head, a tell-tale smirk creeping on her face. "You've really grown up, huh?" I didn't know what she meant by that, but hopefully, I would soon. I settled into the chair closest to me, wincing as the ache came back around.

"Talk."

The look of concern she carried was troubling. On one hand, I was glad that she cared enough that I was in pain, but on the other, why did she have me here in the first place.