I'm Going Crazy

September 28, 2009
Monday

Dear Journal,

Something weird happened this weekend. I was trying to light the candle again and the stupid lighter wouldn't work.

I was frustrated, but that's not the weird part. I set the lighter aside and pretended that I had "powers." I focused on the candle and all of a sudden a flame appeared. I'm confused. How did that happen? Did I do that?

I don't really know what happened but I think Bonnie and her Grams may be able to help me figure this out. Chances are it's just my imagination. Maybe I'm just going crazy. But I've got to go, Elena's picking me up soon.

Farewell, Journal

————————————————————————

We were at school now. Bonnie had ridden with Caroline and met up with us at Elena's locker. Caroline was off doing God knows what.

I was leaning on the locker listening to Bonnie and Elena talk. When we heard Caroline, we turned our heads to her and I was shocked at how normal she looked. Does she not remember what happened?

Elena turned to me and Bonnie, "Unbelievable..." she leaned towards us, "It's like nothing even happened."

"Does she really not remember?" I spoke up even though I know the true details of what happened that night.

"No, she's just in denial," Bonnie said as they both looked back over to her.

Footsteps came our way and Stefan flashed me a quick small and a wave that I didn't return. His face contorted into confusion. Until I knew the truth about what happened, I couldn't look at him. Why would he let Damon do that her? And if Damon is a vampire or whatever, maybe it's best if I keep my distance from the both of them.

"Hey," he comes over to Elena. I'm guessing that he's trying to make up for avoiding her these few days.

Bonnie, knowing that they needed to talk, said, "Hey, uh, you know, I gotta go, uh, be somewhere right now."

I smirk at her awkwardness and say, "Yeah, me too. See you later, Elena."

Bonnie walks off and I head in her direction. "Bonnie, wait up."

She stops walking until I catch up to her. Once I'm beside her she asks what's up.

"Okay, this is gonna sound weird, no, it is weird," I explain to her as we continue walking.

She pulls me to the side, where no one was walking, "What's going on?"

I look around, feeling nervous for some reason, "Well, lately weird things have been happening." She nods her head, "I agree."

I continue, "But I'm the one making the weird things happen." She raises an eyebrow and waves her hand for me to keep going.

"Last week I was trying to light a candle but the lighter wasn't working. The next thing I know the candle has a flame."

She looks at me, "Maybe the flame was small and you didn't see it at first."

"Yeah, well, that's what I thought at first, until this weekend." I look around to make sure no one was listening and leaned in closer to her. "I tried lighting the candle again, but it didn't work like last time. I put the lighter on the counter and concentrated on the candle."

She interrupts me, "Did a flame appear?" I nod and she got a conflicted look on her face.

"Maybe you should talk to my Grams." I start to say something before she continues, "I believe you, actually, I've been having some type of psychic powers or whatever lately."