Scary Day...

October 30, 2009

Friday

Dear Journal,

The past couple of days with my Aunt Lidia have been great. It's been nice having family here with me. She helped me learn new magic which I had some difficulty with. It almost feels like I have something blocking me. I know I have the ability to do magic, but it's like something is stopping me from unlocking my true powers.

Tomorrow's Halloween and the school is hosting this big Halloween party. They have one every year, but I'm not a big fan of them or parties in general, so I usually just stay at home, binge-watching scary movies and eating junk food. I've always liked Halloween and not because it's "scary" or "dark". I think I like it because it's the one day of the year, where you can truly be yourself and not have people judge, also it's just fun.

I'm going to meet with Stefan tomorrow in the morning to talk to him about well, everything he hasn't told me. Hopefully, I see Damon there and no, I do not want to see him because I think he's attractive. I mean, don't get me wrong, he is, but I haven't talked to him in a while and I actually like our somewhat friendship. I've gotta go now though, Elena's picking me up in a few.

Farewell, Journal.

----

I yell a 'see you later' to my Aunt Lidia before making my way outside. I closed the door behind me and walked over to Elena's car. She was looking at something on her phone so I decided this would be the perfect time to scare her.

Sneaking up to her door, I made sure to keep my steps quiet. Once I made it to her door, I tapped quickly on her window with my index finger, a creepy smile on my face.

She jumped so far, I thought she would hit her head on the roof. I burst out laughing upon seeing the scared look on her face. She rolled down her window to say something but then started to laugh with me.

I walked around to the passenger door and opened it, sliding into the seat and closing the door. As I put my seatbelt, I turn to Elena with a smile on my face, "Got scared, huh?"

She turns to me with a fake glare before pulling the car out of the park and starting to drive us to school. "Yes. I thought you were going to attack me."

I laugh at her comment and lean back into the seat, looking out the window at the passing houses and trees. Her voice catches my attention.

"Sorry, what? I didn't hear what you said," I say, as I shift in my seat to face her.

"Oh, I said is everything okay with you and Jeremy?" We stop at a stop sign and she turns to me, "I'm only asking because when you and Lidia came over for dinner, I went upstairs to use the bathroom and when I passed by Jeremy's room, I heard yelling."

She starts driving again and I almost wince at the memory. 'Yeah, we're okay. It's just that I tried to tell him that I'm witch, weird right? and we got into an argument when I asked if he was high. Oh, and he almost found out that I like him more than a friend, but I assured him that there were no feelings behind our kiss even though I was lying.' This is what I want to say, but I don't.

"Yeah, we're fine. Just had a little disagreement about something," I say as I turn back in my seat, seeing the school a little in the distance. I can see the gears turning in her head as she tries to get me to open up and tell her what really happened, but she just lets it go with a simple 'okay' as she turns into the school and parks in the parking lot.

We get out and walk into the school, multiple people saying hey to Elena as we walk in the halls. When we get to our lockers, I see Bonnie and Caroline in front of Bonnie's locker talking. I get to my locker, which is just a few lockers down from theirs. I grab some books for my next few classes and kept the ones I didn't need until after lunch inside.