Bippity, Boppity, Boop

There was a loud crash.

A sigh left my mouth when I failed after the 1,000th time—okay, maybe not a thousand failed attempts, but it's pretty close. "This is pointless," I said as I plopped down into the chair behind me.

Bonnie's Grams looked at me scoldingly, "Get up, child." I stood up. "Did you expect this to be easy?"

Before I could answer, I was interrupted, "It's not Cinderella. It's not bippity, boppity, boop." She waved her hand around like she was doing magic.

I started laughing but stopped once I saw the look on her face. "Listen, honey." I looked up at her.

"This is going to be hard and frustrating. You're learning all these new things about yourself. But one thing you must always remember is to never give up."

"It's okay being different. So don't let frustration stop you from embracing yourself."

I nodded and sighed. I stood up, "What am I learning next?" She gave me a smile and began teaching again.

Lesson 6: Learning More About Witches and How to Embrace Yourself
(Hint: It's very surprising)

———————————————————————

It was later in the day. I had finished my lesson with Bonnie's Grams an hour ago. I was at the store, picking up some food, necessities, and a job application.

I need a car, but I need the money and in order to get the money I need a job. See how this works?

I was pushing the shopping cart to the ice cream aisle, looking for a tub of my favorite kind. I was about to open the freezer when I felt a gust of wind behind me.

I quickly turned around, only to bump into Damon, of all people. His cologne jumping off his black shirt when my nose made contact.

I backed up into my shopping cart, heat rising to my cheeks when he looked down at me, his signature smirk on his face. 

"Hey, beautiful. Long time no see," he said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Yeah, long time," I looked away from him, starting to feel uncomfortable.

"Seems like you've been ignoring me." I suddenly felt more nervous. I shifted from foot to foot and avoided all eye contact with him.

"I know who you are." I blurted out before my eyes widened with shock.

That's right folks, I'm officially crazy. Why would I say that?! I'm questioning if I should check myself into a sanitarium for the crazy.

He cocks his eyebrow and takes a step forward, "Hmm, what do you mean?"

I shook my head and straightened up, "It's nothing, really. Just having a weird day."

"I should go, don't want my ice cream to melt," I say, trying to find an excuse to leave.

He took a step towards me, trapping me in between him and the shopping cart, "What is it?"

I sighed and looked up to him. We made eye contact and I braced myself for anything that might happen once I said what I had to say.

"I saw you," I say as one of his eyebrows raises, "with Caroline."

"I know, we saw you, too." I look away before continuing, "No, I saw what you did to her." I took a deep breath, "I saw what you are. I saw you hurt her."

He makes a groaning sound and turns around. I hear him sigh and the only thing I can do is stand there in fear. He turns back around and puts his hands on my cheeks.