New Friends?

New friends? Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing. Ever since that day with Damon, we've been talking a lot, getting to know each other.

I've learned some interesting things about him, but it seems like neither of us is just willing to let our guards down. I think Elena and Stefan are dating now. I'm happy for them. They seem like they really care about each other. I think they both need that, especially with what little Stefan told me about his ex, Katherine.

Friday's the first football and I usually don't go to these types of things, but Stefan begged me to go and how could I resist him with he pulls his puppy dog face.

I've hung out a couple of times with him and Elena and it's been fun. Elena and I might just be becoming friends. I think that's the right word to use.

Apparently, Damon and Caroline gave something going on and I'll have to admit that I'm a little jealous. I mean sometimes we won't hang out because of her, but if I'm being completely honest, he doesn't seem that interested. Well, he might just be interested in doing other things.

For some odd reason, Bonnie isn't so fond of Stefan. I don't know why, but all she said was that she got a weird vibe from him. Maybe it's her witch senses coming in. Her Grams is the town witch and she teaches some type of witchcraft class at Whitmore college. Even though most people don't believe in that-- something about it draws me to me.

So, to make things all nice and warm, Elena is hosting a little dinner party for Bonnie and Stefan to get to know each other better. I'm going too, to be a buffer and it doesn't hurt that there's free food.

Right now I'm at home, doing nothing. I'm in the kitchen looking for a quick snack when something catches my eye. It's a candle that I'm sure wasn't there before. It's vanilla scented and for some reason, I want to light it.

I search around the kitchen before looking in the drawer beneath one of the cabinets and find a lighter, it's light blue.

I walk back over to the candle and grab it, tilting it. I try flicking the lighter on and nothing again happens. I sigh and try again and what do you know, nothing happens.

I let out a sigh of frustration before setting down the candle. I try again and it doesn't work, so I just sit the lighter on the countertop and grab my smack.

I stay in the kitchen for a little bit listening to music and doing homework. I check the tome and see that it's getting close to time for me to head over to Elena's.

Just as I'm about to walk out of the kitchen, I see a little flicker of a flame coming from the candle. I was wondering what that smell was coming from. I have no idea how it got lit. Maybe I was too frustrated to notice that it actually worked, but still, it's weird.

I shrug it off and grab one of my messenger bags and put my sketchbook and pencil pouch inside. I don't live that far off from her house, so I blow out the candle and turn off the extra lights before locking up. I start walking over and I'm there in about 5 or so minutes.

Even though I'm used to being there I still knock, so that's what I do. While waiting on Elena to open the door, Bonnie walks up next to. "Hey, Bonnie."

"Hey, Y/N. So you're the second buffer?" I nod and just when I'm about to say something Elena opens the door.

"Hey Bonnie and Y/N," she steps back and widens the door, "Come in." Bonnie and I look at each other before she steps in and I after her.

I can smell the food from where I stand and it seems delicious. Yes, I get excited when there's food. Who doesn't?

We walk over to the dining table and the food is already there warm and ready to eat. Stefan greets us both as we go to sit down. "Hey Bonnie," he turns to me, "Hey Y/N."