Another "Normal" Day in Mystic Falls

Do you guys like the new book cover?

---

I could barely sleep, my thoughts being too loud. I woke up to the sun shining brightly in my eyes, making me wince as I rolled over. Mornings are not for me because when I moved, I didn't notice I was at the edge of the bed and fell to the floor.

"Ah, shit," I groaned, sitting up and looking around tiredly. I turned and glared at the bed as if it had done something wrong. With wobbling legs, I stood up, finding my shoes and putting them on. Then I made my way out of the room.

Elena walked out of her bathroom, a jacket in her hands, "Morning."

I released a little yawn, "Good morning. Thanks for letting me crash here."

My aunt had to go to a meeting and wouldn't be back until morning. She thought it would be best if I didn't stay by myself all night. I agreed with her. After everything that has been going on, I did not want to be alone.

"Oh, no problem. You're like family. You're welcome anytime. I would have woken you up earlier, but you were still asleep, so I decided to give you some extra rest," she explained as I nodded. She glanced towards Jeremy's room, then back to me, "Did you know he was drawing again?"

A small smile tugged at the corners of my mouth, "Really?" It had been so long since I had seen Jeremy pick up a pencil and just let his mind roam free.

She nodded as we walked down the stairs together, "Yep." Upon seeing Jenna grabbing her bag, Elena told her the news.

Jenna turned around, shocked, "You're kidding." Elena looked up towards his room, "Nope, but don't say a word. The minute we encourage him, he'll put it away."

"Yep, if he's drawing again, it's good," I said, grabbing my jacket off the hook near the door and sliding it on.

Jenna turned to me, a smile gracing her features, "Good morning, Y/N," she pointed to herself, "Psychology major. Check that."

I laughed at what she said before she looked at me with a knowing look as we turned to see Elena putting her phone down with a sigh. It must be Stefan.

Jenna said what I was thinking, "You and Stefan? Update?" Elena sighed, buttoning her jacket, "He knows how I feel and where I stand, and I know where he stands, but it doesn't matter. He's leaving, moving away."

"Where's he going?" Jenna asked, concerned.

"I've stopped asking questions," Elena said as she opened the front door, Jenna and I following after her, "The answers get scary."

I stifled a knowing chuckle. Elena wasn't wrong. I know for a fact that all curiosity does is show you things you never thought could happen.

Now that I'm thinking about it, sometimes I'm a dumbass. Who randomly throws themselves into danger all the time? If you guessed me, then you are correct.

Elena closed the door behind us. Jenna let out a groan, "Yours leaves. Mine returns."

"Logan?" Elena asked, to which Jenna responded, "He's back." Both me and Elena made an 'ugh' noise. Why couldn't things be nice for everybody? A simple day without vampires or witches or just drama, in general, would be nice.

"I didn't let him past the front door," Jenna defended as she turned to us, her reddish hair falling over her shoulders. "I hope you slammed it in his face," Elena said, and I hummed in agreement.

Who has time for toxic people?

"Ah, medium slam," she said, shaking her head. "3-strike rule, Jenna," Elena reminded her, "You're not even allowed to watch the news."