𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

- ☆ - ☆ -

"Wait..." Bonnie shook her head, a perplexed expression set on her face. "So you're saying a woman kidnapped you, told you some cryptic stuff about your family, and took you home like nothing happened?"

I took a sip from my water bottle and nodded. I shrugged after clearing my throat, "Pretty much, yeah. But I mean, 'kidnapped' might be a tad strong. She did let me go, right?"

Bonnie rolled her eyes, sighing heavily. "You passed out. And, some woman you don't even know took you to her house, her creepy torture dungeon, or wherever. I don't know, but I think that qualifies as kidnapping, Y/N."

"But that's the thing, Bon. It's like I did know her. Do you think-" I was attempting to get Bonnie's opinion on the enigma that is Sera when someone interrupted our conversation.

Said intruder plopped down on the bench next to Bonnie and started chattering away as if they didn't see two people having a, and I repeat, conversation before they joined.

"Oh. My. God. You totally won't believe what just happened." I didn't even have to look to see who it was. With the blatant disregard for interrupting and the overly excited tone, I knew it was Caroline.

Despite my annoyance with her apparent obliviousness, I was still courteous and sent her a small smile. Maybe she had a not-so-great day. Or she misread it as insincere, but I could have sworn that she rolled her eyes.

My expression changed from a kind greeting to confusion. Bonnie must have taken notice of my mood change because she sent me an apologetic look. I shrugged it off, packing my finished lunch into my bag.

Clearing my throat, I ignored the side-eye from Caroline and directed my attention to Bonnie. "We'll talk later?"

"Yeah, but seriously." She placed her hand on mine, squeezing it and smiling reassuringly. "You should talk to Grams. She'll probably have some answers, and if not, it'll help to talk it out with her."

"I will. Talk to you later."

As I walked off, I tried to overlook the hushed whispering from Caroline, "Why are you talking to her again?"

Yep, she's having more than a bad day.

- ☆ - ☆ -

I was still reeling from the possibility of more vampires in town when a hand clasped itself on my shoulder. Mind you, I was alone in the dark, waiting for my photos from the dance to develop. I would have uploaded them onto the computer, but I figured if I saw it up close, I could find some clue about who the mystery person was.

Jumping out of my skin, I quickly turned around, swatting my hands in front of me. Call me dramatic, but I have personally had too many run-ins with all things supernatural, and I am not looking for another meet-cute. An amused chuckle followed by the person grabbing hold of my wrists made my brows furrow.

As I squinted into the darkness, I could make out the features of my attacker. There was only one person whose face always wore a smirk.

"Damon." I rolled my eyes, snatching my hands away from his hold. He said my name in the same tone.

I ignored him, turning around and checking to see if my pictures were ready. I unclipped them from the drying rack and carefully slid them into my bag. A scoff sounded behind me, making my eyes roll again. At this point, I could have my very own Olympic gold medal for continuous eye-rolling.

"You've been ignoring me."

I gasped sarcastically, "Oh, no, have I? I hadn't even noticed. That must be terribly awful for you."