Just Friends

I was sitting on a tree stump, which was surprisingly comfortable. I looked up as the leaves that were once on the ground rose up. They drifted around me in a funnel--colors of orange, yellow, and brown flashing around me.

I heard something that sounded like someone stepping on a tree branch. I dropped my hand down. Once the leaves fell to the ground, I looked around to see if someone else were there.

"You're getting better," someone said. I whipped my head into the direction of the speaker and found Bonnie leaning against the tree behind me.

I stood and laughed, "Jeez. Bonnie, you really know how to scare a girl."

"Sorry. My Grams figured you might be here and thought I'd come and see how you're doing," she said as she walked over to me.

Bonnie stands beside me, "Don't worry, by the way, your secret is safe with me." When she saw the confused look on my face, she continues, "My Grams told me about you--since we're friends and so I could keep an eye on you." I nodded my head when I remember her Grams saying that Bonnie and I were alike.

"I guess I have my own fairy godmother, but in witch form," I say making us both laugh. "Have you told anybody about it?" I asked as I grabbed one of the fallen leaves from a tree.

"I told Elena about it," once she saw the surprised look on my face she explained, "I mean, she's my best friend and I can trust her with just about anything."

I nodded my head, "I get what you mean, but it's not like I can go up to Jeremy and say 'Guess what? I'm a witch and I have powers!'"

She laughed at what I said, "I think if you wanted to, you could, but then again everyone reacts differently."

"Here, let me show you something. My Grams showed me how to do it recently, it's pretty cool," she said as she walked over to a pile of leaves and gathered some up in a circle. She closed her eyes and muttered a single word. Once she did, the circle of leaves caught on fire.

The flames danced around before dying down. I looked over to her, "Yeah, that was cool. You'll have to show me how to do that one day."

She nods, "Yeah, I've actually tried it out a couple of times," she says with her smile turning into a small smirk.

"Wait a minute, that was you?" I ask, thinking about what happened at the annual car wash the other day.

When she turns to me, she just shrugs her shoulders with the hint of a smile creeping up. A small gasp leaves my mouth as I turn to her shocked--realization hitting me, "It was you. I should've known."

I sit back down on the tree stump and think about what Bonnie did and everything else that happened that day. Pretty hectic if you ask me.

----Flashback----
Mystic Falls
Sexy Suds Car Wash

I woke up to the sound of the incessant beeping of my alarm clock. Groggily, I sat up and rubbed my eyes before swinging my arm out from underneath the blanket and reaching for the alarm clock. I turned it off and leaned back on the headboard, looking around my room.

I sat there for 5 or so minutes before deciding that I should probably get up and get ready. I swung my feet off to the side of the bed and yawned as I stretched a little. I slipped my feet into my house shoes so I wouldn't have to feel the cold floor.

Once I stretched, I padded my way out into the hallway, rubbing my eyes slightly as I walked into the bathroom. I went over to the cabinet and grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste. I started brushing my teeth over the sink, only running the water when I needed it.