Friday Night & Bright Lights

It's finally Friday. For some reason this week went by sort of slow. Sadly for me, I have to go to the football game. Even though Stefan wanted me to anyways, Elena begged me to, so now I really have to. And I don't want to sit in uncomfortable stands, eat overly priced food, and be surrounded by people telling way too loud.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Stefan and I'm even warming up to Elena, but that doesn't mean that I want to go. I guess the upside is that Damon might go so I could see him and I've missed him.

It's lunch now and I'm walking over to where Stefan and Elena are. As I approach the table, Caroline and Bonnie come rushing over to tell Elena something. As they take her away, I sit down beside Stefan. He turns to me laughing, "You're still going to the game right?"

I nod as a pop a couple of grapes into my mouth. "Quick question." He looks up at me and nods as a sign for me to continue. "So... you and Elena?"

He laughs and looks down, a slight red tint coming to his face, "Yeah, me and Elena." He turns back to me, "You're okay with that?"

I sigh and shake my head. I watch as his face falls before looking confused when I start laughing. "Of course I'm okay with that. You're like my best friend and if you're happy, I'm happy."

He smiles and nudges me slightly, "And here I was thinking that you didn't approve." I push my food to the side of me and reach into my bag to grab my sketchbook. I let out a loud 'ouch' when something inside pricks my finger.

Stefan looks over at me concerned, "What happened? Are you okay?"

I nod, removing my hand from the bag, "Something pricked my finger." I look down at it, "Oh, it's bleeding." When I look back to him, he quickly turns away and now I'm the one worried.

"I'm sorry Stefan, I didn't know you didn't like the sight of blood." I look around for a napkin and spot one in the side pocket of my bag. Grabbing it, I wrap it around my finger.

"No, it's fine, just makes me a little squeamish." He turns back, looking a little tense.

I find a loose bandaid in my bag and wrap it around my finger. "All patched up."

After that, we went back to normal, which included him reminding me I had to go to the game. I told him that if he kept bugging me, I wasn't going, so he kept quiet.

Once the bell rang signaling that lunch was over, I put my things away in my bag and went to my next class. I told Stefan that I'd see him later at the game if I didn't change my mind.

The rest of the day was the same except for the rowdy noise of everyone getting excited about the first football game. Another upside is being able to take photos. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm a very artsy person. Art, writing, and photography, I could be an art major.

I had a couple of hours to blow off before the game so I decided to head home and read the journal again. Maybe I could find more things out. I headed home on my beloved bike and unlocked the front door with my key.

My phone buzzed as I was putting my bag down. I pull out of my phone as I shrug off my jacket.

Damon - Hello beautiful. We haven't spoken in quite some time. Wanna meet up later?

As I read his text, a grin grew on my face and I felt myself getting giddy for some reason. I walk over to the kitchen table and sit down.

Hey :) And we haven't talked bc you're always with Caroline

While I'm waiting for him to respond, I go over to the fridge and grab out some food. I put it in the microwave and walk back over to my phone. I sit back down and read his text.