A Roadtrip to Remember

a/n: Not my best work, but an extra long chapter for you guys: 6.3k words 🤭

Updates may be a bit slower because my mental health hasn't been the best ☹️

I'll try to upload once a week, but if I can't, I'm sorry

Bye, my loves,

Diamond xx

---

I continued looking at the blue-eyed devil in front of me. He raised his eyebrows when I didn't respond. Shaking my head, I cleared my thoughts before standing up and shouldering my backpack.

"Now, why would I do that?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest and narrowing my eyes at him.

He looked around, "Because you have no idea where you are, and it's the middle of the night. I'm only looking out for you, Y/N. Believe it or not, but I care about your well being."

I laughed, "Oh, wow! The infamous Damon Salvatore, the no-good vampire, cares about me. How shocking!"

"Okay then. I guess I'll leave you out here all by yourself in the middle of the night..." he said as he leaned over to close the passenger door.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, letting out a sigh, "Fine," I said, walking over and grabbing onto the door handle, "But no funny business."

His lips curled into a smirk as I sat down beside him, putting my bag down on the car floor. I turned to him, narrowing my eyes again, "Well, are you going to drive?"

"Buckle up."

Neither of us said anything while he was driving. I was looking out the window, taking in the passing scenery. Now and then, I felt Damon's eyes on me. Why he was looking at me, I didn't know.

I felt my eyes getting heavy from the lack of sleep. Right when I closed my eyes, Damon pressed on the brakes, sending me flying forward.

My eyes quickly opened as I gripped onto the dashboard before looking at Damon, "What the hell, Damon?"

There was a concentrated look on his face. He had his head tilted to the side, almost as if he was listening to something.

Damon got out of the car quickly, and I sat up, looking at him, confused, "Damon, where are you going?" He turned to me, "Stay here."

I started to get out of the car, "No, where are you going? You're not leaving me out here by myself."

He sent me a stern look, "Stay in the car. I'll be back." Sighing, he ran his hands down his face before walking over to me, "Y/N, stay here. Just wait."

Before I could even respond, he used his vamp speed to run to god knows where. I got back in the car and closed the door behind me.

Goodness, nothing can be simple, can it?

-

Dear Journal,

Long time no see. Or should it be: long time, no write? I don't know. Everything has been sort of hectic lately. Oh, who am I kidding? It's all full out crazy.