Goodbyes and Goodnight Thoughts

As I delved further into the woods, the sun had set, shrouding the woods in its darkness. The only source of light was the moon on display, peeking out from behind a cluster of dark clouds.

The further I went, the closer I got to whatever was making the noise. By now, the cut on my hand had stopped bleeding, only burning when I put too much pressure on it.

I could hear people talking. There were two- no, three different voices. Two males, one female. They sounded vaguely familiar.

I slowly crept closer, trying to make the least amount of noise as I moved my bike across the twig and leaf-covered ground.

A voice I didn't quite recognize spoke up, "These people don't deserve this. They should never know such evil."

Evil? What are they talking about?

I placed my bike on the ground carefully and quietly. Tiptoeing, I moved behind some trees to see I could spot anyone.

"What do you mean evil?"

Stefan. What is he doing here? What's going on?

"Emily. I swear to God, I'll make you regret this." That's Damon. And is Emily who I think-

"Hello, little witch."

I froze, slowly lowering my foot down to the ground. Maybe she wasn't talking about me. Yeah, that's right. Bonnie could be with them. But why would she be alone with Damon and Stefan- two people who she despises?

"What are you talking about?" Damon asked, confusion evident in his voice.

"Come on out, Y/N. I know you're listening to us," the person, I'm assuming Emily, said.

I bit my lip, contemplating my next move. I could always pretend I'm not there, but I think it's too late for that now.

Taking a deep breath, I walked out from behind the trees that obscured me to see an interesting sight. Damon, Stefan, and Bonnie all gathered around.

They all turned their heads in my direction. Both boys looked confused except for Bonnie. She was smiling at me and there was this look in her eyes, almost as if she knew something that I didn't.

Clearing my throat, I spoke up, my voice ringing throughout the somewhat quiet area, "What are you guys doing here? And who's Emily?"

Great. Straight to the point.

"Me," the voice came from Bonnie, but it wasn't her. Confusion clouded my thoughts until it hit me. Emily is Bonnie's ancestor so that means-

"I could feel your energy. You have such a powerful aura," Bonnie, no Emily, said to me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, stepping closer to the group. I noticed how Damon and Stefan's eyes flitted down to my hand. Oh, that's right. I cut myself.

I knew Stefan wouldn't hurt me, but with what happened earlier, I wouldn't be all that surprised if Damon decided to kill me.

"You'll understand in near time. You're one step closer to fulfilling the prophecy," she answered. The prophecy... as in the scroll I found?