Curiosity Killed the Cat

I leaned back into the chair I was sitting in, a shocked expression on my face. I just sat there, not knowing what to say.

Because after hearing what I just heard, you would've done the same thing. Wow, just wow.

You're probably confused, right? Let's go back to an hour ago when Damon started explaining everything. Well obviously not everything, but enough to make question everything I thought I knew.

————About an hour ago————

"Damon, start talking or I'm leaving," I said, crossing my arms over my chest and making a stern facial expression.

I was trying to be bossy but stopped when he started laughing. I sighed, turned around, and started walking to the front door.

"Wait," I stopped in my tracks, not turning around just yet. "I'll talk, just come sit down."

"I thought so," I said as I turned around and started walking back.

I sat down in the chair closest to me and sat on the edge, not getting too comfortable in case I had to run away. What? I don't trust him completely yet. Or at all, really.

Damon poured himself another serving of his bourbon and brought the bottle back with him when he sat down.

"It all started in 1839, the year I was born." He began, looking distant as if having a flashback.

"Wait, a second?" He looks to me, "you're saying you were born in the 19th century?"

He nodded and I mumble to myself quietly, "That means he's over a century and a half years old."

"Yep, 170 years old," he says, making me look up to him in shock.

"How'd you hear that? I didn't say that loud enough," I ask in confusion. How would he have heard me? I was basically whispering.

He chuckled and pointed to his right ear, "People like me have really good hearing, but I'll explain that later," he says after seeing the confusion on my face.

"Anyways," he continued as waving his free hand around. "I had a pretty normal life back then."

"Until I met her," he looks off to the side, distantly as if having a flashback.

----3rd Person POV----
Mystic Falls, 1864

Damon had just come back from serving his time in the war. When he came back to his hometown, the one thing he was happy about was to see his brother, Stefan.

Luckily for Damon, he not only received his brother when he returned but a beautiful orphan that went by the name of Katherine Pierce.
————
Katherine emerged from the open door with her handmaiden by her side. She watched with a smile on her face as they tossed the ball back and forth to each, tousling around.

She interrupted their fun, "Who needs rules?" Her dress swayed with each step forward she took on the back porch.

The two boys halted their actions and stared at the beauty, giving her their full attention. They came closer to her as she descended down the stairs, holding her dress up, "Mind if I join you?"

Stefan, out of breath, walked to her, "Uh, well, you could, uh—you could get hurt." Damon walked off to the side, eyes tracking Katherine the entire time.

Stefan gestured to Damon, "My brother likes to play rough." She laughed and stared at Damon, a grin coming across her face.