Surprise, Surprise

I was leaning against the pool table at the Grill. I checked the clock on the wall to see what time it was. I was in a trance by seeing the minute hand move as the second-hand moves around. I could hear the faintest tick of the clock among the chatter of people talking around me.

I'm snapped out of the trance when someone waves their hand in front of my face. I focus my gaze on who was in front of me and immediately know who it is because of their vest/cardigan.

"Hey, Bon."

"Hey, Y/N/N," Bonnie says as she leans forward and spins one of the balls on the pool table.

I look around confused, "Hey, I thought Elena was supposed to be with you."

The three of us had a plan to meet today to talk. I was the first to arrive because I was actually going to see if the Grill had any jobs available. Thankfully they did, so I filled out an application and I should have an answer in the next few days.

"Well, she was," she went over to the nearest table and sat down, "but Stefan told her he would explain why he's been MIA and acting weird."

I nod my head, wondering if Stefan was going to tell her about him and Damon being vampires. When I think about it, I remember that Stefan and I were going to talk later this week. Would I get my answers or would he deny what I knew to be true?

Someone came over to our table and took our orders. Bonnie and I started talking about witchy-woo things while waiting for our food.

"So..." she said as she leaned forward, so only I would be able to hear her. "Learned anything new?"

I nodded my head. This week had been pretty interesting because I figured out how to do some basic but fun spells.

The waiter came back to our table, drinks, and food with him. He set our drinks down first then our plates. I swear, I've never been more excited to eat food as I am now.

Bonnie saw my excitement and looked at me in shock for a second before bursting out laughing. "Oh my goodness. You are too much."

"Oh, I know," I say before digging into the food in front of me, closing my eyes at the taste.

Yeah...I should definitely get some help.

After a while, Bonnie and I finished our food and drinks. We sat there talking for a while before we decided to leave. On our way out, we saw Elena and Stefan sitting at a table outside the Grill and talking. In order to not disturb them, we went the opposite way of where they were. I wonder what they're talking about.

————

Bonnie drove us to her Grams' house after we left the Grill. Pulling into the driveway, she turned to me, her long dark hair moving with her. I wonder what new things we have to uncover today.

We made it inside and Bonnie's Grams asked us if we wanted any food, which we declined by saying we had just eaten. She still offered us some herbal tea and cookies.

Shelia (Grams) sat in front of us and handed us each a book. The books were the same copy of the original one. The cover page looked like it was written in Latin: Potestates a Natura.

"Powers Derived from Nature," I mumbled to myself.

Bonnie turned to me, "You can read that?" she asked incredulously.

"I... I don't know how I did that," I looked to the both of them, "I don't even know Latin."

Shelia spoke up, "Some witches have the ability to read and know things they've never seen before." She leans back and opens the book, "You could be one of them."