It's You

It's been a couple of weeks since the run-in with that guy in the woods. I haven't seen him around anywhere. But I wish I did so I could know more about him.

School is starting today and the only thing I'm excited about is getting to see Jeremy. He's the only person in this town who I tolerate and who truly cares about me.

Usually, I ride my bike to school, but after Jeremy and I made up—oh, wait. I didn't include that part? Well anyway, I talked to him and expressed how I felt, but he said that she made him happy. In return, I told him that I want him to be happy, I truly do, but I also want him to be safe. He said he understands and we hugged. Then we had a movie marathon and ate a lot of food—like a lot.

Anyways, Jeremy told me that he wanted to walk to school with me, so that's what I'm waiting on. I had just woke up and didn't take a shower since I shower at night. I ate breakfast which consisted of a classic for me: an omelet, fruit and grain bar, and a glass of orange/apple juice. After eating, I went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I did my hair in its usual style.

Since it was still pretty warm outside, I decided to ditch the hoodie I had slept in for a short-sleeved top and dark jeans with some converse/shoe preference. I had packed my bag last night so all I had to do was grab it from my table and lock up the house.

Waiting on Jeremy, I decided to sit on the front porch and took out my sketchbook. I started to mindlessly draw, losing myself in the art. I shoot my head up when I hear someone call my name and see my favorite person at the front of the house. Collecting my things together, I stand up and walk towards him.

I wrap my arms around him and we hug. For some reason, most people think we're dating, but we're not. I remember a while ago we both kissed each other to see what it would be like and we decided that we were much better at being best friends.

Jeremy pulls back from the hug. "Hey Y/N." I shoot him a smile and say, "Hey Jere-Bear." He glares at me before tugging my arm.

"C'mon, woman. We've got to get to school." I laugh before nodding and we get on our way.

After a little while, not long considering I don't live too far from school, we made it there. I sort of stood there, watching as everyone walked past, running around and talking with their friends.

A hand shakes my shoulder gently as I snap out of the trance, slightly confused about what was going on. Jere looks down at me with a worried look on his face. "Hey, we're here."

I straighten my back and rub a hand over my forehead. I adjust my bag on my shoulder. "You okay?" Jeremy asks as I take a step up closer to the school. Jeremy grabs my hand and tries to look me in the eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine." I look up at him. "Just a little out of it."

"Are you sure because-" I cut him off before he can continue. "Jeremy, I'm fine, really. Don't worry about it."

He sighs and pulls me into a quick hug. He turns his head and I turn to see what, or should I say who, he's staring at. He lets go of me for a second, "You know I love you, but I really gotta go talk to Vicky."

I let out a small laugh, something only he's heard recently. "Sure, Jere, but remember: Be careful." He nods before taking off after her. I shake my head, noticing how he looks like that cute puppy that keeps following you around.

Instead of staying outside, I walk inside the school and stand near the entrance door for a second before walking over to where my locker is. It was near Elena's, so sometimes we would have small chitchat at the beginning and end of the day, sometimes in between classes. The funny thing is that even though members and her brother are best friends, she and I don't exactly talk that much.