Chapter 9

~Marinette's POV~

I just arrived home from school. Lila had eventually show up. She had a smirk on her face so she must have done something... something bad.

As usual after after school i got my beat up from Lila's best friends. Im covered in bruises and I'm wet now.

They thought that it would be a good idea to throw me in the garbage, once i got out they dump water on be " to clean me".

I'm wet, cold and i smell horrible.

No one was in the bakery for some reason. As i entered my home i saw my parents inside our house, they are usually downstairs in the bakery so seeing them here surprised me.

What surprised me more was the fact that mama was crying and papa had tears in his eyes.

Did something happen? I know that they hate me but I still love them so I want to help them if something bad happened.

" Marinette!" Mama said looking at me with tears running down her cheeks.
I looked down getting ready to be yelled at but all I got was ....a hug.

A warm hug from mama and soon papa joined us. They didn't mind that i was wet, they still hugged me despite the state I'm in.

I haven't got a hug from my parents in a long time...but this really feels nice.

The only hugs I receive now are from Chat Noir.
My heart feels warm because of this hug.

I hugged them back right away. I missed their warm hugs. It feels pretty nice.

If this is a dream I wish I'll never wake up. I feel loved by my parents in this hug so I don't want it to end.

" Marinette dear what happened to you!" Mama said looking at me scared and worried.

" Lila..." I said looking down. Are they going to believe me?

" My poor baby girl! Come here" papa said giving me a bear hug.

...what is happening? This morning they hated me and now they love me? Is this a joke, if it is it's not funny..

" You'll get sick if you stay like this any longer" mama said looking extremely worried.

" How about a bath?! A warm bath" papa said putting me down from the bear hug.

" That would be really nice" I said giving him a little smile.

" Ok sweetie I'll go start the water then" papa said then ran to the bathroom.

" What would you like to eat?" Mama asked ready to make me something to eat.

" I'm not that hungry mama" I said being honest. I'm not hungry at all today.

" Nonsense dear I'll make you some dumplings, how does that sound? I know you like them" she said smiling at me.
That does sound nice, I don't remember the last time I had a nice meal made by my mother.

" That sounds amazing" I said smiling at her and she smiled back.

" The bath it's almost ready honey, go and get ready before you catch a cold" papa said coming to me.

" T-thank you" I said unsure. I want to believe that they care for me again but a part of me saying not to get my hopes up.

" Once you're out your dumplings will be ready too" mama said giving me a small kiss on the cheek.

I looked confused at them for a moment then went to the bathroom.

Once inside Tikki came out of my purse.
She looked a little confused but happy at the same time.