16| gaining confidence

Hours later*
Y/n's pov:
'I might just start getting ready' I said to myself and changed clothes, quickly put my hair in a low ponytail. I walked into the kitchen to see and put everything in place, later go back to my room/living room to put in place some stuff. Shut the blinds, grabbed my phone, keys, money and got out the room. Before I got outside the hotel, I put on the hat of my black hoodie on, and walked off to find a taxi. I eventually found one, curiously it was the same taxi driver from when he took me to Elijah's house.

"good afternoon ma'am, where would I take you?" he asked very politely.

I gave a giggle and answered " to __________ please"

"alright, we'll be there in a sec" he replies and starts the car.

It was a whole other journey to get at Elijah's, like I said, it's pretty far from where I'm staying. I paid a lot more attention to the view, Massachusetts is really beautiful. It went from cars beeping, giant buildings, bunch of stores to trees, cute houses, and birds everywhere. From that moment I knew we where closer to Lije's home, that got me a bit hyped up.

"miss, we have reached your destination" the taxi driver suddenly said.

"oh, could you drop me off at the next corner please" "sorry, how much would it be sir?" I asked taking out some cash.

"14 ma'am" He answered.

I gave him the money, thanked him and got out of the taxi. I walked pass by 2 houses to get at my destiny, I saw a women on the porch watering flowers, believe that's her mother. I shyly came up to her.

"good evening ma'am, just a quick question"

"Hello darling, what is it?" She replies with a soft smile.

"Elijah Best lives here, right?" I asked.

"he does, let me guess, your Y/n right?" she asks back.

"yes, how do you know?"

"Elijah might've talk about you a bit to much" she then giggled while I blushed.

".. oh, come in sweetie. I'll call Elijah down" She said opening the door and letting me inside.

I entered and stood in a corner, Lije's mom called him downstairs. I saw someone come downstairs but that wasn't Elijah, ObVioUslY. It was Ethan.

"Hey Y/n. Elijah will come in a second, don't worry" He smiled at me, pretty surprising if I'm honest.

"Thanks Ethan" I smiled back.

"no prob" he answered and walked away. I then saw Lije coming down the stairs, a smile appeared on my face as I saw him.

"hey, nice to see you again Y/n" he gave me a warm smile and chuckled.

"nice to see you too"

"Wanna go upstairs?" He asked.

"Sure" I answered while I lowered the cap of my hoodie.

"Alrighty, follow me" He said and I obeyed.

"Hey kids, don't delay because we're going to eat really soon" Elijah's mom shouted as we walked up the stairs.

"Don't worry mom, we'll be there" he answered.

Elijah then sprinted to his room and closed the door in my face, he then opened it again.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that, really" he apologized and I let go a giggle.

"Don't worry, it was an accident" I answered.

"It was an accident but, I'm really really sorry, oh gosh" He had a worried expression on his face while he said sorry, again.

"look, it was an accident. I'm fine" I softly smile at him.

"are you sure?"

"totally sure, now relax" I giggled, he chuckled in response.

"Umm, come in I guess" he then laughed.

I entered and saw his perfect clean room, every inch was legit shining.

"Damn, you're really organized and clean, just look at your room" I 'complemented' him.

"Ehh, if you say so" Elijah giggled. "Ummm now what?" He asked.

"Well, let's put in practice what I thought you yesterday" " do you have a notebook or something to write on?" I asked. He found a notebook in between his stuff and I sat down on his bed. I later explained some stuff , like a teacher.

"Hey, can you do this on your own? I want to help your mother in the kitchen"

"Yeah sure" he answered and smiled at me.

"Try not using the translator, if you need help or don't understand something, I'll be in the kitchen" I smile back at him.

"Alright, thanks" he responded.

I got out his room and helped his mom with the food.

2 weeks later*
Elijah's pov:
Time passes by so fast, Y/n and I are really good friends, she has even stayed at my house for a night, we are gaining more confidence, although she is still a bit shy. I'm not learning Spanish like it was planned, we just hang out like friends. Low key, she has been acting a bit weird, like if someone was watching over her. I don't want to ask her 'cause it's probably personal stuff. Anyway, today she's supposed to come over so I can show her more about this beautiful place.

Ding*
A notification pops up
Denis: Dude, ready for rec?
Shit, I totally forgot. Today I was supposed to record a video with the pals for the channel.
Me: yeah, let me put my set up real quick
Denis: sure, here's the link to the call..

Hopefully Y/n doesn't get here while I'm recording..
I put my set up as quickly as possible and join the link for the call.

"Hello skootch" everyone greets me.
"Sup dudes, ready to start?" I asked and they all agree.

Half way through recording, I heard a knock on my door.
"Hey, just a few seconds guys please" I said and opened my door.
"Hey Elijah" Y/n said.
"Hello, umm. Really sorry but, I'm recording a video, don't mind?" I asked.
"Nah, can I stay here?" She asked back.
"Sure" I respond and smile at her.
She sat in my bed and I went back to my thing. After a while, she got out my room, later, I heard the front door shut.
'Shit, she might've gotten upset' I said in my mind...

A/N:
Another 2 months without uploading... (thx for the views and votes <3) 👩🏻🤌🏻
Also sorry if there's any misspellings :3

-Banzobot