7| back to the hotel

".... oh look" Elijah said in a surprised tone.

"What? What happened?" I asked curiously.

"This is the McDonald's where I dropped my wallet & you picked it up" He said pointing to the McDonald's that was on the side of the road.

"Your right" I said & then giggled.

"That means that we're close to your hotel, right?" He asked while we waited for the traffic light turn back to green.

"Kinda, still have a few streets to go" I said looking at him.

"But we're closer than before" He said scanning the road.

"That's true" I said looking at the cars we passed.

*ring, ring*

My phone just buzzed, wonder who it is.

Yureli:are you back at the hotel?
I read the message & turned off my phone.

"How did you drop your wallet?" I asked Elijah trying to avoid him asking if everything was ok.

"I took out my wallet to get money to pay, when the lady gave me the last bag of food, I tried to put my wallet back in my pocket, and I felt that I did so I left "he said slowing down before reaching the traffic light in red.

"Why didn't you make sure?" I asked him.

"I don't know, I never thought I'd loose it" Elijah said looking at me.

"The good thing is that you found it & gave it back to me, maybe someone else could've grabbed it, & I wouldn't ever get it back" Elijah said driving.

"that's the good thing, my parents taught me since I was little that, if I found the slightest thing, I had to return it to its owner" I said & then looked at Elijah.

"They showed you really good manners" Elijah said.

"They did" I said looking out the window.

"Your parents are in New York or somewhere else?" He asked

"They are in New York" I said.

"Are you going back to New York? Don't answer me if you want to" He asked while driving.

"I am but, in a while & don't worry" I said kinda sad.

"Are you ok?" He asked worried.

I sighed and said "Yeah, I'm fine" putting a fake smile in my face.

"Ok, where almost there, just two more streets" He said looking at me.

"Por finnn, pensaba que nunca íbamos a llegar" I said excited.

His eyes widened, suddenly brakes, borders, turns off the car, looked at me & said "What the heck was that?" He asked sceptical.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You said something I've never heard before" Elijah replied

"What? Por fin?" I asked him.

"What does that mean? & what language is it? Elijah asked looking at me

"You don't know how Spanish....sounds like?" I asked looking at him amazed.

"I-I don't" he replied kinda shy.

"Well, what I said means, finallyyy, thought we were never gonna get there" I said smiling.

"Oh, ummmm, sorry for panicking on those words" he said ashamed