Chapter 4

Note: Final Edit

Steve and Natasha leave to retrieve Sam's suit, while Sam and I are in charge of the little details. First we need cash, which takes us to his back yard.

"Tell me again, when did you do this?" Sam starts to dig on the grass by the little lemon tree we planted when he moved in.

"When I house sitted for you when you went to visit Sarah like three years ago." I reply.

"And why?"

"Because you told me I needed to start saving money and stop buying so much online." I shrug my shoulders.

"I meant opening a savings account, a 401K, not burying money in my backyard like some kind of pirate."

It doesn't take to much to find the My Little Pony lunch box I used to hide 3 thousand dollars cash.

"Well, my little treasure is saving the day. It is not like we can use my cards or go to the bank."

He shakes the dirt off the box and we bring it back into the house.

"So, you and Captain America, huh?" I am looking at his back but I can hear the smile on his face.

I was waiting for this.

"It just kind of happened. It's nothing serious."

"That kiss looked very serious to me." He pushes.

"Well, if we get married you can be my maid of honor."

"I would look lovely on a blue gown." He tells me.

"Who said the colors would be blue?"

"Oh come on. Blue and silver or blue and gold. And a lot of stars. A star springle wedding." Sam moves his hands as if he is advertising it to me.

"You really visualized the whole wedding based on one little kiss?"

"Yes." He answers.

I shake my head and have to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all.

We count the money, divide it, and I change on my clothes again.

"This should be easy, Reyna will be at her church, I can go there and I will talk to her while you go and get the phones and the new computer, and we meet them at the motel. Simple."

"This is not fun." Sam complains as we leave the house.

"Believe me, getting a nuke explote on top of you wasn't either."

I am using one of Sam's hoodies and pull it over my head. I braided my hair so is out of the way and not as noticeable. We take the bus to Reyna's neighborhood, and make it there a few minutes before service is dismissed.

I write a note and leave it on her car's windshield, tell her to meet me at the church kitchen. Sam goes on to buy the rest of what we need. I will pick him up after I get the car.

After 15 minutes of waiting in the walk in fridge, I hear Reyna arrive.

"Alex..." she calls my name, cautiously walking into the kitchen.

"I am here," I say before stepping out.

She notices right away there is something different about me, it makes her stop and stare.

"What is going on? Are you in trouble?"

"Something like that. Reyna, I need you to look for another job right away, tonight if necessary." I tell her. "Quit immediately."

"Are you crazy? I need this job." She is incredulous.

"I know. But it will be better if you are no associated with Congresswoman Ochoa after tomorrow. Please, can you trust me on this?" I plead.