The Party: Part VI

Note: 18+ Content

It is a gorgeous display of colors and shapes unlike anything I've ever seen before. We are so high in the skyscraper that it feels as if I could touch the fiery sparks if I reached out. Probably the closest I will ever be to the stars.

I turn my head towards Steve, hoping to catch his expression, only to find him looking at me. They say the eyes are the windows to the soul, what I see in his is my own reflection. I cup his cheek with my hand, he leans in and I step on my tiptoes to meet his lips halfway.

The party starts to dwindle down when the fireworks end. In an hour or so, the place is empty of guests.

It is just the Avengers, plus Pepper and I, now, Sam left after the fireworks, and it is presents time. Most of them were sent down to Steve's apartment, but the ones that the team brought for him plus a couple more remained.

I sit next to Nat and Clint on the couch, Steve is on the floor next to my legs, surrounded by the bright color boxes and bags, Tony and Pepper are on the loveseat on the opposite side, and Bruce and Thor sit on lounging chairs. Plates with cake and bottles of water litter the coffee table.

"Where should I start?" Steve does look a bit overwhelmed.

I am not sure how long it has been since he celebrated his birthday, or when someone gave him a present last.

"Open mine." Tony points at a large box with shiny silver wrapping and a huge blue bow.

"Okay," Steve puts the box on his legs and starts to undo the bow carefully. If he had the same patience taking my underwear off, I would not have to buy new ones every week.

He finally gets the bow off and rips into the wrapping. There are an assortment of things inside it, the first one Steve fishes out is a box with a brand new Iphone. I snort. I've been nagging at him to get a smartphone for a couple of weeks now, I guess Tony heard my wishes.

"You can't return it, you will find that your little flip flop friend does not work anymore. All you need is in it now, so you don't have to think about it." Tony explains to him, his eyes briefly landing on my face, and he smirks. I must be grinning from ear to ear.

There are investments in different stocks, and two plane tickets to anywhere we want to go.

"Thank you Tony, it's very generous of you." Steve graciously says.

Thor takes a leather bag and throws it at him. Steve catches it before it hits him in the head. I can tell the leather is smooth and old, probably ancient to us. Steve undoes the strings that hold it shut, and takes out a golden horn, encrusted with gems; sapphires, garnets, and emeralds.

"Wow Thor, this is amazing." Steve passes the horn to me.

"It's for your liquor, the gold brings out the flavor." Thor happily explains.

I hold the solid gold relic in my hands and I can't believe it. It is beautifully crafted, and probably worth more than I can think of.

"This is from us." Nat gives Steve an envelope.

Steve opens the card inside and reads, " Don't let old age get you down! You might not be able to get back up. Love, Nat and Clint." We giggle at the silly card, and Steve shows us the 50 dollar gift card to Applebees.

"Happy hour is 3PM to 6PM," Nat winks at me.

"I got you this," Bruce hands Steve a small, elegant black, gift bag with silver tissue.

"Thank you Bruce," Steve accepts it and takes out a velvet blue box with a monogram logo in gold over it. Inside is a gorgeous gold vintage Swiss watch.