Chapter 8

Note: This chapter contains 18+ material.
Final Edit

"Do you have to be so stinking good at everything?" I want to sound upset but nothing can erase the smile on my face. "I really thought I had a chance if we came bowling."

Steve has done strike after strike. All he does is shrug his shoulders and smirk at me.

I drink in the sight of him on his plaid shirt and dark brown pants. He looks straight out of a movie. He catches me staring and smiles wide. He has dimples. Of course he would have dimples.

"Like what you see?"

"You ask me that a lot." I cross my arms.

"You stare a lot."

"You are very handsome." I answer as I stand up and grab a ball.

To my surprise, he grabs my waist and pulls me close. I almost drop the ball on our feet.

"So this is your strategy? Distract me so I can't concentrate?" I joke.

"Is it working?" His face is so close I feel his sweet breath on my skin.

Like I would admit to that.

"I will show you Mr. United States." I push away and walk with as much confidence as I can, even though my legs feel like jelly.

"It's Captain America, Miss." He calls out.

"Same thing." I shout over my shoulder.

He laughs, deep, the kind that is full joy. I will be getting wrinkles young if this keeps up.

I pray to all the gods out there to get me a strike this time. They must have listen because my sparkly pink ball goes straight to the middle, and the silly screen shows a cartoon of my face and Steve's doing a conga line in celebration.

"Yes!" I scream and run to Steve.

He takes me into his arms.

"Well done!" He cheers.

Before he let's go, I lift my head up, and kiss him. Steve tenses for a second, shy that we are in a very public place, but he doesn't miss a beat and meets my lips with enthusiasm. I am feeling adventurous, and bite softly of his lower lip before soothing it with the tip of my tounge. Then, I pull away.

"That's not fair." He growls.

"Everything is allowed in love and war." I shrug my shoulders.

"And what are we supposed to be in again?" He ask and selects his ball.

"I will follow your lead, Captain." I give him a little peck again before sitting down.

He shakes his head, but to my astonishment and enjoyment, for the first time he misses.

Of course it is not enough for me to win, but I feel victorious either way.

Steve holds his hands up in defeat before coming to me and offering one to help me up.  I take it, and when I am on my feet, he does not let it go.

"Is this okay?" Has asks me, looking at our joined hands.

I change positions and intertwine our fingers instead.

"Yes, it is."

We make our way out of the bowling alley, and it's time for dinner. I drag him to my favorite place in town; Old Harry's Diner. It has been open since 1953, it still looks the same it did back then.

"I hope you are ready to eat your weight in food."
I tell him.

We sit on a booth, and the waitress brings the menus. I already know what I want so I don't even look at it, but Steve is taking in the inside decor and details.