Brooklyn Part II

Note: 18+ Content.
Happy Holidays Everyone.

Steve POV

We take the bus to Brooklyn Heights, and we walk the neighborhood that used to be mine and Bucky's.

After the shock of waking up in this strange new world, I started to take a look further, pass the shiny lights and the gigantic screens, the structures of buildings and streets I grew up in were still there. And this made it somehow easier to accept my new situation.

Now, walking with Alex hand in hand, is the first time I see what it right in front of me and not behind. I can talk about the past without longing to be there.

"They really did renamed the street you grew up in to Rogers!" She stands next to the post and points up to the street sign.

"Yeah, I am not sure when that happened."  It's still crazy to see things like this and think it's because of me.

"I want a picture! Can you take one please?" Alex passes me her phone.

She looks lovely with her hair bouncing everywhere and the sunglasses she just bought from a street vendor. She poses with a huge smile and throwing her hands up in the air.

I make sure to get the sign, which is what she wanted in the first place.

"Let me see!"

She peeks at the screen.

"Nice! Maybe we should take a selfie too, we never take pictures together."

I am not sure how to do this but I follow her cues and bring my face close to hers. I don't know where I am supposed to look, so I just look at her. Alex smiles wide and makes what they call a peace sign. Then a silly face, and at the end she quickly turns and kisses me.

We keep on walking until we make it to that one specific alley. Where I met Bucky. It's still as dirty and dark as it was back then.

She gives me a confused look as to why I would bring her here.

"I used to get beat up here all the time." I explain. "God, maybe three times a week. I met Bucky here."

"I see..." she looks around, and in her pretty eyes I see how vividly she can imagine things. "Do you have no survival instinct? Like at all?"

I shrug my shoulder and laugh.

"I could do it all day."

In that moment her phone starts to ring,

"Do you know this number?" She turns the screen towards me.

"It's Tony." I say.

"Oh, I wonder what's up." She slides her finger over the screen and brings the phone to her ear. "Hello?"

"Alex, do you like turkey meatballs?" I can hear Tony ask on the other side of the line.

Alex pouts in the way she does when she is confused.  Her eyes look for mine, but I am not sure what Tony is up to either.

"Yeah I like them, why?" She answers.

"I am making spaghetti for dinner, Pepper likes turkey meatballs instead of the regular ones, anyways, I was wondering if you and Mr. Spangled-Man will want to join us for dinner? Say sometime around 6PM."

What do you think? Alex makes the motion with her lips but no sound.

"Up to you." I answer out loud.

She bites down on her lower lip, and that small gesture takes my mind to another direction.

"Sounds great! We would love to." Alex accepts Tony's invitation.